Chapter Two (part one)

🐚🐚🐚

Nora woke with the sound of a honk. "Who could be?" She squinted her eyes as bright lights entered her chambers from the windows. She had placed her pillow over her face.

"Nora! Breakfast is ready!" Called Adam. She had just woke from an amazing dream. She was outside with a separated tail. Her long hair dancing not with water; but with breeze—and with her the dark girl. She smiled with the memory of the dream.

"Nora–"
"–I HEARD YOU!" Nora screamed tossing the pillow away. Nora swam to the washroom, her hair tangled and her tail was looking rather beaten. She had to get work done on her scales.

Looking in the small oval mirror with a coral pink curly frame. "Ugh." She said as she saw her reflection. She entered the steam shower, her hair began to straighten but rising in ends. She began to comb her hair making it nice and wavey over her shoulder  and falling over her breast.

Slowly she began to caress her her scales and muttering words. Green dust began to appear under her finger tips—the scales turning smooth like opal and bone. Better. She thought and ran a hand over her waves of hair. She fasten her new pink shells over her breast.

With another glance in the mirror she smiled. She looked dashing. Her face illuminated now and her hairs untangled and well brushed.

🐚🐚🐚

"I thought you wouldn't come down." Said Adam serving her kelp with sea berries, salted bread and caramel seaweed coffee. "Looks yummy." She said as she sat. "And for the record, I was getting ready. Don't I look dashing?" She smiled at him.

The room was lit by siren stones. Several dishes had encrusted silver and gold letters of the family. Royalty they were—but their father (the king) had perished by poisoning and the queen later got tangled with the tentacles of a large jellyfish.

Since then, Adam and Nora had lived alone.

"You know, they're really cute boys out there, you don't have to stay all day here Adam." Nora said taking a sip of her coffee. "Nora dear, you know they wouldn't allow it. Not if I'm in line for the throne."
"That doesn't matter big brother, they can't make you marry a girl, if you don't love her."  Adam was still looking down, drowning in his own thoughts. He'd only confess his love towards boys to his sister, who was very happy about it, but the throne was something important and he had to fulfil the duty as king.

"Sea to Adam?" Said Nora.
Adam looked at her and just nodded and stood from his chair and swam away, leaving Nora alone.

🐚🐚🐚

The swim to the school—was silent. Nora wasn't stopping at anytime, she felt she was too late to make stops. If only—I could go out...

The shadow was up again, in the same area it was at night. This time it was darker and more defined. Nora bit her lips, she had to get to school, but...

She swam towards the surface, she had had a minute or two to think about it; but finally she decided school was boring anyways.

The water was thick as she swam upwards, getting warmer as she did. A blinding light was outside, she rested her arms over a rock but quickly recoiled with a hiss.

It was very hot, her skin was feeling kissed by the sun. Her hair was glowing and it was dancing with the breeze. The sky was light blue with white things floating in mid-air.
And there in a small boat was the young man, fast asleep. He looked peaceful, this made Nora smile. She wanted to know everything about him, everything he could do, to talk his language.

She got closer to him, pressing her fingers on the wood, holding slightly. Her eyes on the boy. His eyelashes were long, and his hair was untidy over her head, his sun kissed skin was glowing intensely with the morning sun. His lips drew apart by a few inches and his hands clasped together under his head.

Nora wanted to touch him, wanted to see if his blood was as hot as she was feeling. Her tail was moving in circles, she had never moved just her tail for too long. She was getting tired to stay afloat.

She stretched her hand towards his face. As her fingers slid over his brown cheek she felt like burning, like a racing fire had ignite inside of her. She was feeling very hot as though she could turn into ashes any second now. Caressing his cheek for a few seconds, until he opened his big amber eyes, the curtains of eyelashes fluttering over them. It took a split second for her to realise he was awake.

"Mm." He said and Nora gasped and jumped backwards making her to swim faster and faster back to the deep blues. Her skin going cold and her heart chocking her. She had seen him, she was making her way back into the school—no idea how long she was outside.