Chapter Three (part one)

🐚🐚🐚

"Can you believe mr Gregor?" Said Anna as they swam towards the lunch table. Nora was not listening—she was thinking about the boy in the boat, did he see her?

"Anna, can I slip from you a second, I need to dial my brother."
"Oooh is he cute?" Anna asked fluttering her lashes.
"He's gay." And with that Nora swam out of the school. Past the front doors; over the fence. She was out of school grounds.
I need to see him.

Hot water coiled on Nora's body as she swam to the surface. The mysterious boy was sitting undoing his shirt. Nora watched carefully not to be seen this time.

"Well, If you don't go, I will. Someone's got to fetch food." Said the boy in that tongue that was foreign to Nora. He threw the shirt on the floor of the boat and then stood up gazing at the water.

Nora hid behind a rock, what was she doing? She wasn't supposed to be in the surface it was against the rules; many had die according to history...

But what if she was the first that came back, after all she has been sneaking out for two days now.

Nora heard a splash and her heart did a somersault. She submerged and gazed around, and there was the boy with the doble tail and handsome features.

A chime sound came from her dialler. She looked at it and saw it was Anna. Oh no. She had forgotten about Anna, of course she would want to know about her after a call.

"Yes?" She answered, holding the receiver end over her ear. "Where the seahorse are you?! Class is about to star." Anna sounded worried. Nora however was gazing at the boy who was swimming in circles looking around. "I'm on my way, current must've taken me away as I talked."
"Well hurry." And the call died with a beep.

🐚🐚🐚

An hour later, Nora wandered into the library. She was alone. She wanted to find tomes that explained magic to a bigger standard. She wanted to see if magic could get her out. But she had forgotten she had to ask the librarian.

"Yes Nora dear?" Said a large man with blue hair and silver skin. "What books shall interest you this afternoon?"
"Well, erm, I'd like to see those who speak about beyond the seas. Those who show what's... outside."
The man looked at her with wary eyes. "You have to be very careful with the things you read Nora. They are many dangerous things and beyond the sea; they are beasts who seek magic and are vicious.
"Why do you want to read such thing?" He leaned closer to her.
Nora felt like he could read her mind. "I was just... curious."
"Curiosity is the biggest flaw in every creature alive Nora. Perhaps there's something else?"

Nora didn't know what to say, but she had to try. "I want to know more about it. Perhaps is the key to what killed my father..." She said with a small hiccough.

The man looked at her with sorrow eyes, "Oh dear! Of course you'd like to know. How could I forgotten. You the daughter of the King, yes. You may. I... I'll bring you a tome." He swam in a flash.

Nora couldn't believe it, she thought it wouldn't have worked. She had mourned her father but she was very little when he died. She barely remembered him.

The man came back holding a huge book. It was black and was closed with two belts. A faded symbol was drawn on the cover. "This is the great book of magick."
"Did you just said, magick?" Said Nora puzzled, "I thought it was just magic..."
"OH! No dear." He beamed. "They're more types than you could imagine. And Magick is by far what others disguise as black magic.
"Black magic is like dust over shelves compared to magick."

Nora stared at the book feeling nervous. Was she really going to take it and see the boy? What if something bad happened?

Nothing bad will happened, come on!

Said a voice in her head. "You must be very careful with what you're reading Nora. Promise me you won't try any of the enchantments."

"I promise." And with that she swam back to he chambers in the castle. Holding the heavy thick book between her arms.