Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel.

City of Bones:

“Jace was seated at the grand piano, his slender hands moving rapidly over the keys. … She must have made some noise, because he twisted around on the stool, blinking into the shadows. ‘Alec?’ he said. ‘Is that you?’”

Clockwork Angel:

“His cheek rested against the instrument, and the bow sawed back and forth over the strings, wringing notes out of it, notes as fine and perfect as anything Tessa had ever heard.

His eyes were closed. ‘Will?’ he said, without opening his eyes or ceasing to play. ‘Will, is that you?’”

GABRIEL:"You know there was once a time I thought we could be friends."

WILL:"There was once a time I thought I was a ferret but that turned out to be the opium haze."

TESSA:Won’t we excite some sort of comment, hiding in here like this? The others—the vampires—I’m sure they were staring at us as we came in.

MAGNUS:They were staring at Will. Will looks wrong.

WILL:I find that hard to credit coming from someone dressed as you are.

MAGNUS:Will doesn’t behave like the other human subjugates. He doesn’t stare at his mistress with blind adoration, for instance.

WILL:It’s that monstrous hat of hers. Puts me off.

MAGNUS:Human subjugates are never "put off."

DEAR ME. SUCH HARSH TRUTHS SO EARLY IN THE MORNING CANNOT BE GOOD FOR THE DIGESTION.