City Of Lost Souls

City Of Lost Souls 

“She turned and looked at him. "Ducks?" she said again.

A smile tugged the edge of his mouth. "I hate ducks. Don't know why. I just always have.” 

“Excellent. I've been told I have a lovely, melodic reading voice." He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barely legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale.” 

“I've got the Mark of Cain," said Simon. "That means nothing can kill me, right?"

"You can kill yourself," Magnus said, somewhat unhelpfully. "As far as I know, inanimate objects can accidentally kill you. So if you were planning on teaching yourself the lambada on a greased platform over a pit full of knives, I wouldn't."

"There goes my Saturday.” 

“Despite the heat in her face, it felt as if cold needles of ice were running up and down her veins. "What are you doing here?"

He drew back slightly, looking disappointed. "That isn't really an answer to my question, you know. I was expecting more of a "Hallelujah Chorus.' I mean, it's not every day your boyfriend comes back from the dead."

"I already knew you weren't dead." She spoke through numb lips. "I saw you in the library. With--"

"Colonel Mustard?"

"Sebastian.” 

“Get over here. Sheldon's had an idea."

"Who's Sheldon?", said Isabelle.”

“Magnus's eyes went back to Alec. They were gold-green, as unreadable as the eyes of the cat he held on his lap. "Not my favorite topic, Smedley."

"Simon", said Simon. "If I'm going to die for you all, the least you could do is remember my name.” 

“I don’t like keeping her in the dark,” Jace said.

“We’ll tell her in a week. What difference does a week make?”

Jace gave him a look. “Two weeks ago you were dead.”

“Well, I wasn’t suggesting two weeks,” said Sebastian. “That would be insane.” 

“(Jace) "Is there anything special you want to see? Paris? Budapest? The Leaning Tower of Pisa?" 

Only if it falls on Sebastian's head, she thought.”