Prologue

PROLOGUE

The room Aurora stood in felt as if she was sinking into a worm hole filled with uncertainty

The room Aurora stood in felt as if she was sinking into a worm hole filled with uncertainty. Their was an exit door to her left, and her bedroom door to her right, but she stood in confusion on where to go.

It's been six years since the seventeen year old girl knew where to go in the world when she needed comfort, but now she knew that there was nobody to turn too. Nobody besides her best friend, that is.

"Rorrie?" A voice mumbles down the hallway, making the dark haired girl to spin around in fear. "What the hell are you doing up this late? You're going to get yourself in trouble."

Alex Evans leans against the hallway of the foster care group home, a small smirk plastered on his face. Aurora bats her eyelashes at him, a wild smile falling on her lips. "That's the thing, Karev, I like trouble."

"Only a few more weeks until I can change it." Alex replied back, suggesting towards his last name. In a few weeks, the boy would turn eighteen and legally be allowed to change his name, as well as live independently on his own.

Aurora on the other hand, has a few more months.

"We are going to celebrate, right?" The girl questions, crossing her arms in the process. Alex watches the girl with happiness flooding his eyes, nodding his head in agreement.

He walks up closer to her, a small smile on his lips. "Who else is there, Ms Thompson. My crazy ass mother? My wasted piece of crap sperm doner?"

Laughter fills the room where the two stood, before Aurora looks up in Alex's eyes with a genuine smile. "You'll always have me, your messed up and loving best friend."

Suddenly, Alex wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her closer to him, embracing her in a long and loving hug. "And you'll always have me, your protective, yet jackass of a best friend."

Aurora giggles and pulls away, sticking out a small little pinkie  on her hand. "You pinky promise, Alex Karev?"

He laughs at the long emphasis of his mother's maiden name, but connects his finger with hers. "I pinky promise, Aurora Thompson."

Except, Alex knew he wasn't going to be able to fulfill in promise, and that killed him inside. And it killed her inside, too.

***

HOW DID YOU LIKE IT SO FAR I NEED IN PUT PLEASE AND THANKS

love always,

jamiewrites3