One

[4 months before]

Aimee's POV

I dragged my black combat boots along the cold streets of San Francisco while the rain filled the city. My medium length drak brown hair became damped in a matter of minutes, but I did not bother to pull the hood of my grey jacket over my head. I tried to protect my camera from the rain and placed it inside my bag. I started walking faster scanning the street for a place to shelter myself until the pouring rain was done making its act.

A small café shop caught my eye and I headed to the entrance before thinking about it twice. As soon as I entered a strong luscious and satisfying odor filled my lungs. The shop was quite small and comforting. The walls were maroon and were filled with a ton of different pictures. Several costumers sat along the brown tables and seemed to enjoy their time here.

I walked over to the counter where an old lady stood welcoming every customer with a warm smile. She seemed devoted to her job, and even made me feel comfortable in here.

I sat down in a table over the corner where I could see everything and everyone around the shop. While I was about to pull out my camera from my bag, the old lady made her way to my table and handed me my caramel latte. I quickly pulled out my camera and placed it on the table along my phone. I didn't hesitate on grabbing my coffee and holding it with both of my hands.

As I took a drink out of the warm carton cup, my mouth was filled with a savory bittersweet taste. I've always had a thing for coffee and I guess you can say that I don't go a day without having a delightful cup of it.

I only have to two things under my addiction list; coffee, and photography. I was introduced to them at a very young age, and I don't regret making them a part of my life. Though, sometimes I feel the urge of adding more things to this list.

I sat there and glanced at the other costumers in the shop creating false stories in my mind due to their appearance. I always do this when I'm in a room full of people that I don't know. I like staring at them and looking way past through them while my mind generates false theories about their life. I most likely will judge by the emotional state they seem to be in, and if they don't notice me I photograph them.

Frustrated, extremely flattered, depressed. My mind spoke out loud inside my head while I scanned around the shop.

I slowly kept turning my head inspecting every single corner of the shop until someone caught my eye.

Perplexing... My mind spoke.

My thoughts went blank as I studied a guy about my age sitting on the booth section that ran along the side of a wall. His messy curls were controlled and kept in place by a khaki hairband. His back was slightly curved as he rested both of this elbows down at the table holding his phone on his hands and he seemed disturbed as he scrolled down through it. His jaw was tensed and his green forest eyes were madly focused on the small phone screen. He was wearing black chucks and some black skin tight jeans along with a plain white t-shirt that made a part of his chest tattoo visible. He had a brown coat on making it difficult to discover if he had any more tattoos.

I couldn't keep my eyes away from him. My mind tried to create any kind of false story about his lifetime, but there was something that prevented that from happening. He was so complex and mysterious and that was something that attracted me.

If I happened to be the talkative outgoing girl, I would have already been sitting next to him asking him questions and revealing all the things I would like to know; but sadly I'm not that type of girl. In the other hand, I am quiet and I tend to let people make the first move before I speak. I don't share nor spill my emotions to anyone but my best friend Niall.

I pushed these thoughts aside and kept exploring the fascinating guy who was sitting a couple of feet away from me.

His presence made me captive, and I didn't know how to unlock me gaze from him. It was just as if I had seen someone divine. I wanted to discover things about him, his life, and much more. I've never felt this way about anybody on this world and I have to admit that it's a quite strange feeling.

All in a sudden he placed his phone down the table and changed his facial expression. He seemed bothered at something and began looking around the shop. I was still focused on him and did not bother to look away when he started to do this. He suddenly turned his head and looked at me.

His eyes were so vivid and greener than I thought they were. I was about to look away but his look kept me in place. He locked his eyes with mine and I became paralyzed. I wanted to speak or even move, but he made that impossible. His face held a slight smirk and I was not aware why. He stood up and fixed his coat, getting his phone off the table. Never breaking eye contact with me while he did this.

For a split second I though he was going to make his way towards me and that's when I decided to force my eyes away from his. I looked down at my probably already cold coffee and placed my hands on my lap, tapping my fingers against them.

I heard his footsteps against the floor and I realize that he was heading to the door. I quickly glanced up and laid my eyes on him for a last time.

As he was about to pull the door open, he glanced over to his right side looking at me, locking his eyes with mine once again. He simply smiled and made his way out of the shop, leaving me with no time to react to his warm gesture.

I slowly felt the need to go after him and get to know him. I've never had the curiosity to do this with any of the strangers that I stare at and photograph. He was different.

He is someone I will definitely regret not talking to.