1

one

"I'm a simple person who hides a thousand feelings behind the simplest smile."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

6:30am

- RINNNNNNNNNNNNG -

My alarm clock went off, causing me to groan.

"5 more minutes..." I mumbled underneath the blankets. But the alarm wouldn't stop ringing. I grudgingly stood up, pressing the button to turn it off. Well, that ruined my sleep.

I staggered over to my phone charging on my unorganized desk. Papers scattered all across the floor, a half empty soda can on the desk, and a couple wrappers of bubblegum here and there. I sighed, brushing off some of the crumbs of last night's pizza, and checked my phone.

I then walked over to the bathroom to get ready.

- 30 Minutes Later -

I soon arrived at my destination. I hopped out of the car, and brushed the dust off my clothes before entering. The restaurant was surprisingly empty, only with a few people here and there having breakfast.

"Good morning!" I chirped, as I entered the staff room to meet my boss.

"Good morning to you too! Right on time. As always," Taehee, my boss, glanced at the clock and smiled, as she flipped the pancakes on the pan.

"You can grab your apron and hat on the shelf and get started," I nodded in response, and went to retrieve my black apron and cap.

"YUNA! YOU BURNT THE TOAST AND THE COFFEE!!" I heard Misun's voice yelling nearby.

"HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??" Misun sputtered, gaping at Yuna as she tried to process this.

Yuna and Misun are the two cooks that work here, in other words, Yuna being the cook, and Misun the assistant cook. But they tend to always get into fights and bicker sometimes over the most irrelevant things.

I giggled at the two, scrambling all over the kitchen.

- DING -

Ooh. That's my call!

I rushed out of the staff room to the cash register on the front desk of the restaurant.

"Good morning! How may I treat you today?" I greeted the customer in a cheery voice.

The guy gave me a sour face and swept back his hair with the tips of his fingers.

"Medium sized cup of coffee, with two spoonfuls of sugar," He replied bluntly, and seated himself near the window.

I scribbled his order on the notepad, and dashed back to the cook, Yuna, and gave her note.
"MISUN, ORDER FOR MEDIUM SIZED CUP OF COFFEE WITH TWO SPOONFULS OF SUGAR!" Yuna yelled at Misun.

"But you're the cook..." Misun muttered, rolling her eyes.

"But I'm washing the dishes right now, so get on with it!" Yuna retorted back. Misun groaned and started to make the coffee.

I snickered, and went back to the cash register to examine the customers in the restaurant.
Some of the customers were just old, middle-aged men having their breakfast before work. Others were college and high school students drinking up some coffee before class.