Chapter One

Why? Did I do this? I thought she was getting better. No, she was doing better. I don't understand why this happened. Why would she..? Liam thought.

He pinched the bridge of his nose. How did I not notice the signs. Fuck! Why Katherine? Why?

He sighed and opened the door to her room. God how he hated hospitals but for Katherine he'd put his hate for hospitals aside. He needed to hold her. He sat down on a chair next to her bed. He could see the the gauze on her wrist covering her entire forearm. He gulped.

I'm so sorry Kat. He took her hand in his. A knot formed in his throat. Her hand was cold. She looked very pale almost grey to him. She had dark circles under her eyes. Her lips were chapped. Tears formed in his eyes.He bowed down his head and began to cry.

"I'm sorry Katherine." Liam managed to say through his sobs.

Liam started thinking about the first time he had met Katherine. He thought back to his sister-in-law Laura. He remembered every detail of that day. The day he fell in love with his Katherine. He frowned wondering if she remembered that day like he did. He remembered how badly he wanted her to notice him. How his heart hammered every time she looked at him.

Katherine didn't want to do anything on that Saturday. But she remembered that she had promised Laura to go to her Birthday Party. And that is where she was. She was at Laura's front door and she was having second thoughts about coming. Katherine was just about to turn around and walk away from Laura's house when the front door opened. Katherine opened her mouth to say hello and looked up at the face that opened the door and froze. It wasn't Laura who opened the door but a boy. Katherine stood there staring at the boys eyes.

He has grey eyes. Thought Katherine in awe.

They must be contacts. Thought Katherine as she straighten her shoulders.

The boy smirked and stared back at Katherine.

"Kat! Your here!" Yelled Laura running down the stairs.

Katherine blinked and smiled. The boy kept looking at her.

"Liam!" Screamed Laura. The boy blinked. "Go get my cake." Said Laura.

"And stop staring at my friend!" Yelled Laura agin.

The boy, Liam took one last look at Katherine and walked away. Katherine was gonna turn around and see where he went, when Laura pulled her inside her house and closed the door behind her.

For the rest of the party Katherine couldn't stop thinking about those grey eyes that kept looking at her. Katherine was laughing along with Laura. Laura's boyfriend, Edward came over to Laura and kissed her. Katherine looked down at her phone and blushed. Liam, who was looking at Katherine smiled. Katherine heard Laura giggle. She looked up and found Laura on Edward's lap. Liam walked over to the sofa and sat down next to Katherine. Katherine looked to the side and found the grey eyes she was thinking about.

"Ciao." The boy said.

Katherine frowned. The boy blushed and sighed.

"Sorry. My names Liam." He said.

Katherine clenched her jaw.

"Katherine." She responded as she got up from her seat.

Liam frowned. What did i do wrong?

Dam you Laura! What the fuck? Thought Katherine.

"I should go. My mom is probably wondering where I am." Said Katherine.

"She hasn't called you?" Asked Laura

Katherine shook her head. "Phone died." She said.

"Call her. And tell her that we'll drop you off once I've cut my cake." Said Laura with a pout on her face in the end.