Chapter Four

Katherine's mother had left to go get her breakfast. Katherine was now on an upper floor than the one she had been in previously. Her mother had handed her the card that came with the flowers. Katherine was holding the card in her finger tips. This card was much smaller than the one she had previously received. She took a deep breath and opened it. Just then the door opened and in came Annie. Katherine quickly put the card under her pillow.

"Oh my petunias. Annie!" Screamed Katherine.

Annie was Katherine's best friend after Laura had left school.

"Girl I brought you breakfast. I know for a fact that the hospital won't have your favorite tea." Said Annie.

"Lavender with chamomile!" Yelled Katherine.

"And a chocolate doughnut." Said Annie.

Katherine smiled. "Thanks." Said Katherine. "Did you happened to bring your charger?"

"Girl you know I always plug." Said Annie giving Katherine her charger.

They both ate breakfast together.

"I have to go or I'll be late to class. I leave my charger here I'll pick it up after school." Said Annie.

"Please bring me my charger its in my locker." Said Katherine.

""Yeah I'll bring it over to you after school." Said Annie walking out the door.

Katherine finished her doughnut just as her mother opened the door.

"I have to go drop of the kids at school I'll be back later Katherine." Said her mother as she set the tray of food for her.

"Bye mom." Said Katherine as her mother closed the dooor behind her.

Katherine checked her phone and she saw she had five missed calls from Kevin. And a few messages from Annie and Rachel.

Katherine closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and thought back to the day she met Kevin and Rachel.

Katherine, a few of her cousins and a few of her aunts and uncles had drove to Maryland and were going to be staying there for a few days. Her father would be flying from Italy to Maryland to spend a few days with her. Katherine wasn't sure about going to Maryland but decided to go since her cousins would be going.

When Katherine and her cousins had arrived at their aunt Ericka's house they realized that almost everyone from her fathers side of the family had come to aunt Ericka's house too.

"Katherine come over and meet your other cousins." Said her cousin Rebeca.

Katherine walked over to everyone and then decided to go say hello to her father. She then left to find her cousin Daisy who was outside building a tent.

"Want to sleep here with me?" Daisy asked.

"Can I?" Asked Katherine.

Both girls set up their tent and after went to walk around the block. They both found nice places to take pictures.

The second morning people took showers and they all hit the stores. After coming back from the stores they all went hiking. Her aunts and uncles and a few of her older cousins where starting to talk about who was going to be coming to aunt Ericka's house for the last day of the trip.

The following morning Katherine grabbed her stuff and headed straight to the bathroom to shower. She noticed a new car in the drive way but continued her walk up the stairs and into the bathroom.

After she finished showering she went to meet her cousin Daisy. Daisy was talking with a tall slender girl who was grabbing a hold of a guys arm. Katherine walked to the back door and stopped when her cousin Rebeca was talking to a small girl. Katherine decided to take her chances and walked quickly out of the room.