Chapter 7: Jacob

Alex's POV: After helping Bella load the motorcycles we head to Jacob's house. 'I have a concern,' I project. "Just one?" Bella asked, glancing at me questioningly before focusing back on the road. 'No but I didn't think you'd let me speak my piece if I told you how many I actually have.'  The rest of the ride is silent, Bella not wanting to hear my concerns. 

"Bella," Jacob called, smiling. Wiping his hands with a greasy old towel, his long hair falling down his back. "Where you been, loca?" After a short hug Bella pulls the tarp aside, "I brought you something." Jacob looks at it skeptically, "scrap metal you shouldn't have."

"I saved them from the trash and I was hoping, you being the great mechanic you are, could fix them up for me," Bella states, hopeful. I don't hear Jacob's answer because someone is yelling my name through my mind. 'ALEX!!! ALEX!!! MIND LINK WITH PAUL!!!! PLEASE JUST DO IT!!' Sami yells to me. I do as she asks and mind link with Paul, able to see what he is seeing. He is looking at someone, growling and I can't make it out at first.

'PAUL THAT'S MY DAD!!!! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!!' I yell out to Paul through the mind link. I sign to Bella and Jacob that I have to go and bolt into the forest, phasing mid run and speeding to where Paul is. When I get there I walk up behind Paul and sit next to him. 'That's your dad?' he asks through the link. I nod my big wolf head, 'Will you phase back and come with me?' I look over at him and when our eyes lock, I imprint on him and our bond becomes stronger. He is still not okay with the imprint and this makes it a little more awkward but he motions back to the woods. 'Of course. Anything for you,' he says, walking away. 

When we phase and are clothed, we walk towards my father. I start to get nervous, thinking my father will be upset with me. Paul notices this and grabs my hand, instantly calming me down. As we walk I notice him look at me then look away. Once we get close to my dad I let go of his hand and run up to my dad. 'Dad! I've missed you!' I project, while hugging him. 

"I've missed you too, my dear," he spoke softly. "Why aren't you talking?" I look away, then towards Paul, then back at my dad. 'I'm not sure. I don't remember anything after storming off that night.' My dad looks unsure and confused, then requests to search my mind for a way to find the memories I had lost. After an unsuccessful search, we make our way back to Sam and Emily's.

"My name is Charles Xavier. I'm Samantha and Alex's father," he states, introducing himself to the pack. Hearing the thoughts of the pack, I decide to answer a few questions. 'He runs a school called Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, back where we live. Yes, we have other family that are mutants. No, they are not dangerous and yes, he has telepathy too. He is bald because of his mutant genes and he's in a wheelchair because well I'm not quite sure. But he is and he has been for a long time.'  

After a few hours of getting to know everyone and catching up with our father, he decides it is best to go home since he knew we were safe. He knows Logan can take care of himself but he tells us to let him know when we find him. Sam and Jared are on patrol tonight, so I decide to go to bed, today has a long day and I am exhausted. I texted Bella, a few hours back, that I had gone back to Sam's because my dad was visiting and she texts that she is home. 

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about today's events. I finally drift off to sleep but wake up a few hours later. Covered in sweat and tears running down my face from a horrible nightmare. A drunken night and an evil man, all I remember is him following me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later:

The nightmares are getting worse and I've been taking night patrol, so I don't have to sleep. We've been keeping an eye on Embry, Quil, and Jacob, waiting for them to phase. Sam has me keep an eye on Embry today because he's closer than the others. I see him walk into the woods, shaking and call Sam to have him come over. I keep up with Embry, trying to be quiet but failing because he is moving too fast. 

He whips around, shaking more violently than before. "Who are you and why are you following me?" he asks, angrily. I put my hands up in surrender, 'I'm Alex, I can explain what's going. I've been through the same thing. The anger, the shaking, and the pain. I can help,' I project. He looks at me in shock. "How....how did you just say that? Your lips didn't move," he backs away slowly. 

'Don't be scared. I'm a mutant and that means my DNA is mutated and I have powers. Like my telepathy. That's how I communicate.' He's still shaking when Sam, Jared, and Paul show up to help. Embry phases and although it is extremely painful, he pulls through and is quite scared. 

'It's okay Embry. You have magic in your blood and that causes you to phase into a wolf. Just imagine yourself human and you'll phase back,'  I project, trying to calm him. I turn around while he phases back and Sam, Jared and Embry head back to the house to talk, while Paul and I go on patrol.

I don't own Charles Xavier.