𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

chapter five
the party pt. 1

It was Friday, the day before Finns party. Sadie didn't have much time to decide if she was going or get an answer from Caleb. He changed the subject each time she asked him about it. At lunch that day she sat with her usual group of friends and talked about the random things that came to mind and joked around.

"Okay now let's get to the important stuff. Sadie? Party?" Millie grins

Sadie sighs. "I'm not going without a date."

"Fair enough, Caleb? Party?" Millie asks

"I don't think my parents will agree with me going to a party containing a bunch of drunk people." Caleb says

"Don't worry, we won't drink. Right Millie?" Sadie asks knowing Millie will end up drunk.

"Yeah yeah. So you're in?" Millie asks Caleb

Caleb sighs. "Fine. I'll go."

Millie howls happily. "That's the spirit!"

***

Saturday arrived quicker than Sadie had hoped. She had no idea what to wear to a party! She knew she would have to deal with a bunch of wasted freaks at this party. She knew that parties are where relationships begin, and her date was Caleb. She ended up tossing on a cute black dress with white buttons. She left her hair drooping over her pale shoulders and climbed out her window. She new her parents would never let her go if she asked. She walked over to Calebs house and knocked on the door. Caleb opens it and walks outside.

"Good timing, my parents just left." Caleb says locking his front door behind him

"You ready to go?" Sadie asks with a grin, Caleb nods and the two begin walking towards Finn's house. Once the two arrive at the party Sadie walks inside and her ears are exploded with loud music with people dancing all around her, she starts pushing through the crowd searching for Millie. Caleb follows directly behind her. Soon Sadie spots Millie in the kitchen laughing alongside Finn.

"Sadie!" Millie yells once she spots Sadie and Caleb walking towards her.

Sadie smiles at Millie and grabs Caleb's hand and walks up to Millie and Finn.

"You two want a drink? I got beer, most alcoholic beverages you can think of." Finn asks

"I'll take a water." Sadie says

"Me too," Caleb says

Finn laughs and fixes two glasses of water. He gives Caleb and Sadie a glass when the doors to Finn's house suddenly swing open.