𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

chapter seven
helpless romantic

It was Wednesday night and Sadie was in her room finishing up the pounds of homework she had when she heard a small knock on her window. She looks up from her Math a bit confused, but she stands up anyways and opens her window and there sits Caleb McLaughlin.

"I thought you were grounded." Sadie says after she opened the window.

"I am." Caleb replies climbing into her room quietly.

"You shouldn't be here." Sadie says

"I was bored." Caleb shrugs

Sadie smiles. "And that's a good reason to sneak out because?"

"Its not, I just wanted to ask you something." Caleb trails off.

Oh god, this is it. He's gonna ask me! I'm about to finish my dare! Hopefully he asks me on a date. Do I really like Caleb? Or do I just want to date him to prove Millie I can get a guy...? Sadie thinks to herself as she waits for Caleb to continue.

"This might be a weird question but... Um-" Caleb sighs "Is Millie dating anyone at the moment?"

Sadie's heart drops to her toes. "What? Why?"

"I-I wanted to ask her to hang with me after school tomorrow or this weekend." Caleb says

"You... You have a crush... On Millie?" Sadie asks holding in tears

"Yeah, I guess so." Caleb smiles

"Oh, well I, um, I think she likes Finn." Sadie says

"Oh... Okay thanks for letting me know." Caleb's smile fades and he climbs back out the window. Sadie closes the window behind him and bursts into tears. She lays on her bed and cries into her pillow violently.

"I hate boys!" She screams more tears streaming down her face smearing her mascara down her wet cheeks. She hears her mom open the door to her room.

"Oh Sadie, what's wrong honey?" Sadie's mom asks sitting beside Sadie on her bed.

"Nothing Mom, I just want to be alone." Sadie cries

Her mother nods. "I'm here to talk when your ready... Okay?"

Sadie nods and wipes her eyes. After her mom leaves she looks into her mirror and wipes off the mascara staining her cheeks.