Chapter 1

Seokjin strummed the strings of his guitar, unable to find the right chord. The song he was working on had been the most difficult yet.

"Damn..." he cursed under his breath, and set the instrument down. Picking up the notebook next to him, he stood back up from the floor in front of his bed, "Why dandelions? Why did I choose dandelions?" he sighed, throwing himself on the small bed. 

Wishing on dandelions was something he did often. It was childish, but he enjoyed watching the seeds fly away in the wind. He took this as inspiration, but it didn't get him far.

"Wishing for you? No no. That's too bland. Wishing for...flu? No! That doesn't even make sense. Why would I want the flu?" he threw his hands up in exasperation and shook his head. "Wishing I knew what to do..."

Sitting back up, Seokjin ran his hands through his hair. He let out a deep sigh and tossed the notebook off the bed. The book flew across the room and landed, opened to an older page.

"Oh?" he said, getting up to read the page. "Where are you..." He read the title of the discarded song.

He picked the notebook back up and read through the lyrics. Memories flooded his mind of the friend he loved and lost. He had felt this way before. So distant and lost, it was a feeling he hated. No matter how many dandelions he wished on, it would never take back the past. It would never bring the one he loved back. It wasn't your normal romance that you see in movies or read in books. It was special. It was special, because it was never really a romance at all. Yes he loved his friend, but he would never ask for anything more. So, that's how they stayed. They stayed as friends. They were just two musicians trying to make something out of themselves.

The music they made together was amazing. They got so much support. It was when they started performing live. That's when the hate came rolling in. Their differences separated them. They were called weak. They were insulted for the mix of styles they had, but it was mostly Seokjin. He was the one the comments targeted. He was told that he was the weak link, so Namjoon let him go.

"I hope you understand, Jin," he said, standing in front of the dumbfounded blonde.

"Yeah. I get it. You want to be full hip hop, and I'm just too... weak," Seokjin looked away from the teal haired boy in front of him.

"I'm sorry," Namjoon muttered as he turned and left the apartment.

The one thing about that night that Seokjin didn't understand was why he had to cut him away completely. Not making music together was one thing, but moving out of their shared apartment and never speaking again was another. He knew he would have to find a new roommate soon, but he didn't think anyone would be the same as Namjoon. That was until he met him.

"Hey, Seokjin! I'm home!" Seokjin looked up through the crack of his bedroom door to see his roommate, a hat covering his faded blue hair and black jeans ripped at the knees, basically being the only skin visible besides his hands.

The two had met at the mall after he had answered Seokjin's ad for a new roommate, online. He felt more comfortable meeting in a crowded area, though the younger, gray haired man did not.

"Hi. My name is Min Yoongi. I was the one who messaged you about the room," he said with a small bow, "What's your name?"

Seokjin could tell that Yoongi would be the right person to choose. He knew he would never find anyone better, so after a day of getting to know each other, Seokjin invited Yoongi to move in.

Yoongi was also a rapper, but they never discussed their music much. They kept a lot to themselves, as roommates should, but as friends, they shared a lot as well.

"Oh. You're home early," Seokjin said closing his song book and setting it on the desk next to him.

He walked out of his room and into the living room to see Yoongi taking off his black leather jacket. He tossed it lazily on the couch and plopped down next to it.

"I had a long day, hyung. I need affection," he said stretching his arms out to Seokjin.

He walked over to the pouty man and sat down next to him, allowing him to cling to him.

"Why are you like this?" he asked, petting Yoongi's blue locks.

"Because I like attention," he paused and looked up at Seokjin, "Also, I could tell you were upset. Are you still having problems writing that song?"

"Yeah. How did you even know I was having problems to begin with?" Seokjin asked.

"Well," Yoongi said, sitting back up and fixing his hair, "I can hear you yelling and grunting in annoyance, and sometimes I'll see you throw your Mario plushie at your songbook from across the room. How many lives does he even have?"

"It's okay. I'll think of something eventually," he chuckled as he got up from his seat and walked back to his room.

Seokjin and Yoongi were close, but not too close. Neither of them allowed themselves to get too close to each other. They had both been hurt before, and they were both scared.