Chaper 4

Hoseok flung himself out of bed, landing hard on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Jimin said running into the room.

"No! Go away! Go away!" he said as he thrashed around, tangled in the covers.

His eyes were closed as he flailed his arms, in panic. He was still asleep. The night terrors only seemed to get worse no matter what he did. Jimin knew not to grab him, not with the words he was screaming.

"Hoseok! Wake up! You're dreaming!" he shouted over Hoseok's cries for help.

Hoseok continued to scream as he curled himself in a ball. Tears streamed down his face and soaked the floor beneath him.

Suddenly, he was jolted awake by the sensation of cold water on his face. His eyes sprung open and he let another scream escape his lips.

"Oh my god! That's so cold!" he said, burying himself deeper in the covers around him.

"What did you dream about this time?" Jimin asked, handing him the towel in his hand.

"Ah, I don't remember. Must not have been important. Why did you throw water on me?" he asked as he dried his hair.

Hoseok never remembered his dreams. They would torment him all night, but when he would wake, it was as if nothing had happened in the first place. It was almost like a mental block. It was as if the night terrors were so bad that he chose not to remember them.

"Hoseok, you were screaming. I had to wake you up," Jimin said.

He put his arm around the older male and pulled him closer to him. Though neither of them knew what Hoseok saw in his dream, Jimin felt protective of him. He hated hearing him at night. He hated the sounds of his crying. It hurt him more than Hoseok could ever know.

"Oh shit!" Hoseok yelled as he scrambled up from the floor, "It's 10 o'clock! I'm meeting Seokjin at one! I'll never be ready in time!"

"That's three hours," Jimin mumbled to himself.

Hoseok ran out the door and into the bathroom, slamming the door.

"You have three hour- oh never mind," Jimin started to yell after him, but realized it was no use.

Hoseok was always overly excited. As expected, he was ready in less than 30 minutes, and was sat impatiently waiting for their date.

"It's not a date!" Seokjin said as he smoothed out his sweatshirt.

"Oh, it's a date," Yoongi laughed.

Seokjin shoved him lightly in annoyance as he continued to laugh. Yoongi stopped laughing enough to admire his friends appearance. He was dressed casually, in a light blue sweatshirt and jeans. His hair was still messy, so Yoongi reached up to flatten out the stray hairs.

"What are you- stop. Leave my hair alone. Yoongi!" Seokjin ducked away, laughing as Yoongi continued to mess with his hair.

Yoongi finally stopped and Seokjin fixed his hair, still chuckling. He looked in the mirror and admired his appearance. To him he looked handsome, to Yoongi he looked perfect, and to Hoseok...

"He looks stunning," Hoseok whispered to himself.

He stumbled awkwardly to the bus stop to meet him. His legs could barely hold him, and his hands were trembling. He admired Seokjin and everything he did. He was going on a date with the most handsome celebrity in all of Korea, despite that only being his opinion. Seokjin wasn't nearly popular enough to have been labeled that officially. Though they were only going to see a movie together in the dark where no one would see them or care to pay attention, Hoseok felt as if he had taken a big step in furthering the relationship between him and Seokjin.

Finally, he had reached the angel in front of him. He took a deep breath and fixed his hat as he walked closer to him.

"Hoseok!" Seokjin said, a wide grin spreading across his face, "You made it!"

"Of course. I wouldn't want to keep you waiting," he said.

The words came out much quieter than expected. It was almost a whisper.

"Well, good. I wouldn't want to wait. I was excited to spend more time with you!" Seokjin exclaimed, causing Hoseok to smile, "Oh! By the way, I think Yoongi and Jungkook are following me. They kept insisting that they wanted to chaperone my 'date'."

Seokjin threw up his hands and quoted the word while laughing. Hoseok just smiled awkwardly and rubbed his arm. Of course he knew it wasn't actually a date. They were just two friends going to see a movie together, and that's all he wanted it to be.

The two made their way to the back row of the theater. It was the first showing and the theater was packed. A new horror movie had come out and it seemed the whole city had crowded into the theater to see.

"So, a horror movie?" Hoseok asked, nervously.

"Yeah! You aren't scared, are you?" Seokjin laughed.

"No no! Not at all!" he said, crossing and waving his hands dramatically.

"Good, because I'm terrified," Seokjin mumbled awkwardly.

The two laughed and quickly stopped as the lights went dim in the theater. It wasn't long until Hoseok was practically in Seokjin's lap, clinging to him for life. He clung back, shaking with fear.

"I thought you said you weren't scared!" Seokjin said as they walked out of the movie.

"I kind of lied. Sorry," Hoseok chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

Seokjin threw his arm over the other boys shoulder, pulling him closer. He stumbled to him as his cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"It's cool, man! I'm actually happy I'm not alone," Seokjin said as he gazed over to the now completely red man pressed to his chest.

Hoseok stayed quiet and walked along side Seokjin. The night air was cool and dry. The autumn leaves that lingered the ground crunched beneath their feet. Seokjin shivered, causing Hoseok to look up at him. He squirmed out of Seokjin's grasp and put his arms around him, attempting to keep him warm.

"Oh! Um, thanks," he said, reluctantly shifting closer to Hoseok.

Hoseok hummed in responce and continued to look ahead as they walked. They made it back to the bus stop they had met at and sat down on the bench, waiting for the bus to arrive.

"You don't have to wait with me. It's cold. You probably want to get back," Seokjin said, peering up at Hoseok, who still had his arms wrapped around him.

"Yeah, but It's cold, and I don't want to leave you here alone to get sick," he responded, his voice still a bit hoarse from screaming.

He smiled down at him and pulled him closer. When the bus pulled up, Hoseok was reluctant to let go, but Seokjin didn't seem to mind. As soon as he was freed from the younger mans grasp he got up and walked up to the bus, turning and waving with a smile on his face. Hoseok waved back and watched the bus drive away. He let out a deep sigh and made his way home.

"As long as you can shine, I'm okay."