Chapter 3

"Min Yoongi," Seokjin called to his roommate as he pounded on the bedroom door.

It had been three days since Yoongi had left his room. The depression had caught back up to him. After seeing Jimin, he couldn't be bothered to talk to anyone. He hadn't gone to work and he hadn't eaten.

Seokjin continued to knock on the door. He had a plate in his hand, piled with all of Yoongi's favorite foods.

"Yoongi, your boss called. You can't lock yourself up like this. Don't let him get to you!" he said with a heavy sigh, "I made lamb skewers. I know you haven't eaten. You really need to."

Seokjin rested his head on the bedroom door and took a deep breath.

"Please, open the door. I'm worried," he whimpered in defeat.

There was a thud from the other side of the door, causing Seokjin to look up.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Just then, the door opened, revealing a tired Yoongi. He kept his head down, allowing his pale blue hair to fall in his face. He took the plate out of Seokjin's hands and walked back in his room. Leaving the door opened, he sat down on his bed and started to eat. Seokjin smiled as he watched his roommates eyes brighten almost instantly.

"Can I come in?" he asked, tilting his head.

Yoongi hummed in response with a slight nod, not looking up from the plate on his lap. Seokjin walked into the room and sat next to him. He didn't speak. He just sat next to Yoongi and stayed quiet. His mind was racing, thinking about what to say, but he didn't need to say anything. Him just being there was enough to make Yoongi feel better.

"Thank you," Yoongi said, still not looking up.

Seokjin turned to Yoongi, surprised to hear the man speak. He hummed in response and took the now empty plate from him. He started to walk out the door but stopped at the sound of Yoongi's voice.

"Wait," he mumbled, "Don't leave yet. Just... Stay here for just a little longer."

Seokjin set the plate on Yoongi's desk and sat back down next to him. The room grew silent again, and Seokjin started feeling awkward.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," Yoongi replied without any hesitation.

Seokjin nodded and continued to look down at his hands. Occasionally he would peer up at Yoongi, catching him staring, but the younger man would quickly look away. He averted his gaze to the ceiling and tried to fight the temptation to stare back at Yoongi. He could feel his eyes on him.

"You can go now if you want," Yoongi said, turning away.

"No. It's okay," Seokjin responded.

"Just leave! I don't want to talk!" Yoongi huffed, and threw himself on on his bed, curling up under his blankets.

Shocked, Seokjin stood up and looked down at the pouty man. The top of his head peeked out from the blankets. He continued to stare down at Yoongi, as he pretended to sleep. His breaths were unsteady, occasionally sighing heavily.

"Listen, Yoongi," he finally spoke up, "I don't know what's going through your head, but I never will if you don't talk to me. You have to tell me something. You can't just push me away. I know you hate Jimin, but don't take it out on me! I want to be your friend, Yoongi! I want to be there for you when you need me!"

Yoongi stayed quiet, allowing silence to settle in the room. He shifted his eyes over to the pillow under his head, trying to look as far away from Seokjin as possible. He heard footsteps and the bedroom door slam, indicating that Seokjin had finally left. Sliding the covers down, Yoongi sat back up and rested his head in his hands. He didn't know what he was doing. He was so afraid. He was not only afraid of being hurt, but he was afraid of hurting Seokjin as well.

Slowly, he crawled out of bed and walked to his door, reluctant to open it. Finally, after much hesitation, he cracked open the door. He peered out, looking for Seokjin, but he wasn't in sight. Yoongi opened the door completely and stepped out of the dark comfort of his room. He needed to apologize to Seokjin for being too harsh. He wanted to talk to him. He wanted to pour out his emotions again, but he was so afraid.

Yoongi took a deep breath and made his way out to the kitchen. Seokjin sat at the kitchen table, picking at his food silently, not really eating it, but more so poking and staring at it. Yoongi cleared his throat, hoping to grab the older males attention. It was successful, and Seokjin looked up suddenly. His deep brown eyes seemed to bore right into him, reading his every though and emotion.

Flustered, Yoongi looked away and began to stutter.

"Uh- I- I'm- I-"

"It's okay," Seokjin said, looking away, "I get it. I shouldn't have tried to push you to talk to me about it. It's up to you if you want to talk about your feelings or not. Obviously, you don't and I should have left it at that."

"No. No, Jin, I want to talk to you," Yoongi said still not looking at him.

Yoongi had no idea that a simple nickname had captured Seokjin's attention. He hadn't been called Jin since Namjoon had left. It struck a nerve. Seokjin sat up straight and slammed his hands on the table, startling Yoongi.

"Please," he said, taking a deep breath, "Don't call me that again."

"I- s- sorry," Yoongi stammered.

Seokjin nodded and relaxed back in his chair.

"As I was saying," he continued, still nervously looking around the room, "I do want to talk to you. I just... It's hard to tell you things. I don't want to let my guard down. It's the same problem I had with Jimin. After seeing him, I was just reminded of how poorly I treated him, and I don't want to do the same thing to you, but I guess it's a bit late for that."

Seokjin got up and walked to Yoongi. Despite the seemingly endless protest, he pulled him into a hug and ruffled his pale hair. He pulled away and laughed at the pouty man in front of him.

"Don't worry, man! I get it!" he said with a smile, "I'm afraid of getting close too."

Despite the loving gesture, Yoongi kept his distance. He had been hurt in his past, but he felt he deserved that pain. With the way he treated Jimin, sometimes Jungkook, and even now Seokjin, he was shocked to have any friends at all.

"Christ, you are so annoying!" Yoongi shouted at Jungkook, "Just, fucking go and leave me alone for once!"

The young boy stepped back, allowing Yoongi's sleeve to slip from his grasp. He pressed his lips into a thin line and held his breath, trying to keep the tears from escaping his eyes. He glared at Yoongi and Yoongi glared back. Jungkook's tears finally fell and mixed with the rain that hit his face.

"Fine! I don't fucking need you anyways!" he yelled.

Jungkook turned away and threw his hood over his head, storming off down the ally.

"If it wasn't for me..." Yoongi said as he leaned on Seokjin's shoulder.

Yoongi ran after Jungkook through the heavy down pour. He was unsure of where he had run to, but he allowed his feet to take him anywhere.

"Jungkook! I didn't mean it! Come back!" he yelled.

There, across the road,  beaten and bruised, was Jungkook.

"He..."

Yoongi ran to him, not paying attention to his surroundings.

"He wouldn't have..."

There was a flash of light, and Yoongi was on the ground. He sat up and looked around. Jungkook was sprawled out, bleeding. Yoongi crawled to him and held him close as he cried.

"You wouldn't have hit him."

"Don't come any closer. You'll become unhappy."