loving you.

[set in houston, texas, early november 2019]

liza was cuddled up against david's side, breathing softly. he gazed down at her, a blissful smile on his face, gently playing with liza's hair. in that moment he knew, this was where he wanted to spend the rest of his life. with liza by his side, no matter what. he heard the door creak open, and he tilted his head up slightly, his eyes being met with liza's mother's. he untangled his hand from his lover's hair, and gave her a smile. "good morning, mrs. koshy." she smiled back at him.

"morning. liza's still sleeping, i take it?" she questioned david.

"yeah, i can wake her up, if you need." he replied, shifting his body slightly.

"no, no, that's totally unnecessary. i was just popping in. you know, david, she loves you a lot," she began, a blush began to rise in david's cheeks "more than i think you'll ever know. you make my baby extremely happy, and i can't thank you enough. take care of her just as good as you have been." david's smile from earlier grew, his face now a deep red.

"i really love her. so much. sometimes i honestly can't handle it. honestly all i can do is thank you. thank you for raising her to be the absolutely perfect, wonderful person she is." she smiled back at david, turning to leave liza's childhood room, the door beginning to creak shut. "wait- mrs. koshy, i don't want to get up so we don't wake our little princess up, but can you by any chance get mr. koshy in here as well?" he asked, beginning to get slightly nervous. right as he asked that, liza slowly opened her eyes.

"good morning handsome." she said softly to him, cupping his cheek gently.

"morning pookie." he replied, pecking her forehead lightly. "i'm gonna go make you breakfast babe, just lay here for a little bit and i'll bring it up to you." he told her, a small smile gracing her lips. she softly pressed a kiss to david's lips, before realizing her mom was still standing in the doorway, a small smirk on her face. david eased off the bed, heading downstairs with mrs. koshy.

+++

david stood on one side of the table, looking down at liza's parents who were seated on the other side. he nervously swallowed and cleared his throat. "so as you both know, liza and i are going on our fourth year dating, and i was just wanted to know," he paused, clearing his throat yet again, before continuing, "if i could have your, um, your blessing, you know... to ask for liza'shandinmarriage?" he asked, quickly spitting the last bit out. both of liza's parents made eye contact, grinning slightly, before looking back up at david, noticing how sweaty he had suddenly gotten.

"well, of course!" mr. koshy told him, reaching across the table and patting david's hand. he noticeably relaxed, and exhaled a huge sigh of relief.

"oh my god, thank goodness, i wasn't sure what wou-" he began, mrs. koshy interrupting him.

"what did you think we would say? you've been by her side for almost four years, we trust you, david."

"so when's the proposal?" mr. koshy asked, grinning.

+++

david had taken liza on a walk to her old highschool, he planned to propose to her there.

"baby?" liza asked, softly.

"yeah, what's up babe?" david replied.

"nothing, i just love you a lot." she told him, lightly cupping his face. he leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips.

"i love you even more, pookie." he replied. they were right at the entrance of the school, and david knew this was his time, this was where he'd left the camera about 40 minutes previous to their actions now. he stopped liza, swinging around so he was in front of her, grabbing both of her hands. she raised an eyebrow questionably, most likely expecting another kiss. "elizabeth shaila koshy, baby, you are my world, and for that i am beyond thankful. i don't think you understand just how meaningful you are, and just how much you mean to me. you're there for me to lean on in all of the dark times, and i hope i'm the same for you. thank you for spoiling me with your kindness, generosity, and most importantly, love. thank you for always being the light at the end of my dark, dark tunnel. it means worlds to me. loving you has been such an adventure, and i'm so beyond great full for that," he said, leaning down, reaching for the box settled in the pocket of his jean jacket. as liza's hands were now free, she covered her mouth and tried to mask cries, now catching onto what was happening. "baby, will you marry me?" he asked. she giggled, pressing a long, blissful kiss on his lips. she pulled back and buried her neck into his shoulder.

"yes, bubba! yes," she replied "god i love you so much"

"i love you too, my beautiful baby." he said, while spinning her.

+++

[this is trash wow sorry]