party.

[set in december 2020]

david grinned at liza, squeezing her hand as they boarded the flight from LA to houston. liza looked up at him, grinning, as she tightened her grip on his hand. she noticed that he was nervous, and liza supposed it was rightly so, considering her parents aren't the biggest fans of his content. however, her parents knew how happy liza made her, and since they'd been dating for over five years, she knew her parents would've said something if they didn't want the couple together. david knew that as well, but he just couldn't help but be nervous. they were going to stay in houston for 11 days, then head to vernon hills for 10 days for a christmas break type thing. the nine vlogs for david's channel and three videos for liza's had been prefilmed, and they planned to make a second channel video or two together while they were away. about half an hour into the flight, the couple dozed off, awaking as the plane was beginning to land. david lazily blinked as his eyes adjusted to the light in the plane cabin. he looked over at his girlfriend, and smiled at her, planting a kiss on her forehead. liza grabbed onto his hand, beginning to get restless as the plane was getting closer to the ground and liza was getting closer to her parents.

the couple arrived at liza's childhood home, david's arm wrapped tightly around her shoulder as she was slightly chilly. liza's sister, rachel, opened the door with a huge smile. the two girls exchanged hugs and hellos, before rachel giving david a side hug and a soft grin. david picked up his and liza's luggage and began to guide it inside, as liza had dropped hers while hugging her sister.

"so mom and dad are at liv's house right now, picking her up, but they'll be here soon." rachel said happily. right on cue, the garage door opened and in walked the three other members of the koshy family. after david and liza took turns politely saying hello to everyone, he politely asked where he should put their luggage.

"mr and mrs koshy, where would you like me to put the luggage? two separate rooms or..." he trailed off.

"don't be ridiculous david, rachel and olivia are going to stay over in their old shared room, and you and liza can stay in liza's old room. you've stayed with us before, i think you know we can trust you." she said, smiling. david grinned at her thankfully, then turned on his heel and began to bring the luggage upstairs.

after a dinner and movie together, all of the koshys had retired to their respected bedrooms, except liza. she stayed in davids embrace on the couch, running one of her hands through his hair and the other playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. he was gently rubbing her back. "baby, thank you so much. for being here for me, not taking advantage of me, or cheating, for letting be an independent woman yet fall asleep in your arms every night. i really love you so much. honestly i didn't see myself dating anyone until long after jackson chested and abused me at the time, but here we are." she gave him a small smile, pressing a gentile yet passionate kiss to her boyfriend's lips. he gave her a huge, lopsided smile before replying,

"pookie i love you so much more. thank you for being with me through everything, happy and sad alike. i wouldn't be here, youtube or personal wise, without your support and influence. i love you more than anything and that fact will always remain true, gorgeous." liza stood up, and grabbed his hand, leading him up to her bedroom. she curled up against his side as he gently rubbed her back. he kissed the top of her head, saying "goodnight baby. i love you." she was asleep before he could respond.

the next morning at about 10:00, liza and david were in the kitchen, making a late breakfast, when there was a knock at the door. liza walked over to open it, revealing one of her childhood friends, jordan. "oh my god! jordan!!" liza shrieked, giving her friend a bear hug.

"hey boo, how's everything been?" jordan replied, as david shyly crept into the room. "oooh introduce me to david, pleeeease." jordan said, looking past liza to david. he gave her a big smile, as liza introduced the pair. after some small talk, jordan asked david and liza if they wanted to go to the mall with her, and meet another of liza's old friends, emily, while they were there. liza looked to david, and he shrugged back to her, saying,