seven

A True Friend Through Storms

~*~

"I don't want to get interrogated," I concluded as I walked in the kitchen, "I just want to eat dinner. Nothing happened, okay?"

Pandora and Ian both nodded in agreement.

"So," I smiled, trying to mask on the crying session earlier, "what do we have for drinks?" I asked.

Instead of answering, both of my friends literally just stared at me. Do I have some sauce on my face? I probably have some since I already digested two.

"What's with the freaky staring?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We want to know what happened," Ian answered making me head over to the sink and wash my hands, "why were you crying?" He asked once more.

"I'm tired," I blankly replied as I started climbing up the stairs, but I was stopped by Pandora's strong-gripped hand around my wrist.

"We need to know," she demanded.

I remained in my spot, "we just cleared things up and those things were too painful for me to handle."

"Quinn..." Pandora cautiously called out, loosening the her grip around my wrist and making me jolt up to the stairs and into my room.

Girls in movies commonly dragged themselves into bed and cry their eyes out until they fall asleep and wake up having red and puffy eyes, but I did the opposite. I carried myself under the covers and peacefully drifted off to dreamland.

• • •

My peaceful sleep wasn't disturb by any alarms or a shouting Pandora. It's quiet and relaxing. The morning sun is beaming ever so brightly through the windows and curtains, lighting my room up completely.

I rubbed my eyes to clear up my vision and sat right up. I combed my long wavy caramel brown hair using my fingers and tied it into a messy bun. I walk over to my closet, grabbing a sweater-dress, a collared tee, gray tights, and some undergarments then made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

I got effortlessly ready—wore the chosen pieces of clothing and added a small amount of lipgloss—not even bothering to fix my messy hair bun. I slip on a pair of brown knee-high boots before exiting the room.

"Good morning," Pandora greeted from the couch—she's watching Netflix on her laptop—when I got my way down, "there are some pancakes on the table."

"What happened to the both of you last night?" I asked, slicing the pancake.

"Well, I told him that he'd be welcome to sleep over but he refused," she replied, still having her eyes locked onto whatever that she's watching, "he left a note."

I took the piece of paper that she was annoyingly waving like a flag and sat back down to eat my breakfast.

Huxley!

It would probably be by morning time when you read this shitty letter of mine, but I just wanna say that no matter how stupid your ideas may get, I'd still be here cheering you on and supporting you. I'm not quite sure what Skye's words were but whatever they may be, if he hurts you in any way, just tell me and Pandora okay? Don't be afraid to do so. We love you and we'll always be here for you.

P.S. I wanted to sleep over but Rafael needs me home. I'll make it up to you.

See you guys this weekend,
De Legaspi

"Dude! It's early in the morning and you're already crying?" Pandora whispered from beside me. I didn't notice her walk over.

"I'm not crying, just a bit teary-eyed," I answered honestly, chuckling a bit.

• • •

Walking along the busy streets of New York with my friends is what you can see us do rarely. We just happen to have a lot of time this week and that is why we are heading to Target to buy a couple of necessities for a roadtrip.

Pandora told me that Ian decided to go out of town and have a roadtrip. Just Ian, her, and me

"Love the look, by the way," Pandora mentioned, scanning my outfit from head to toe.

"It looks like you were too lazy to dress up but at the same time wante to look presentable," Ian added as we entered Target.

"Thanks and yes, Ian, that is exactly what I wanted to deliver," I chuckled, grabbing the red cart.

After several minutes passed of walking around the food aisle, we decided to grab lunch at a nearby Subway outlet.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously before taking a big bite of of my sandwich.

"It'll be a surprise," Ian winked.

"Ew," Pandora cringed at Ian's attempt to look cute and flirty.

The three of us talked about random things while we were eating. I excused myself for a moment because of the sudden ring from my phone.

Nevaeh Huxley

It's my little sister.

"Quinn, you have to come home. Mama's in the hospital," she exclaimed, panic present in her tone.

• • •

"Where are you going?" Pandora chased me with questions while I ran back and forth around the small studio apartment.

"Can you book me the soonest flight to the Philippines?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of the clothes I am currently gathering and stocking in my suitcase.

"What?!" She was taken aback, "what are you going to do there?"

I zipped my suitcase closed and faced her.

I deeply sighed, "mama's in the hospital for only God knows why."

After I faced the things I was planning on bringing, I heard Pandora rush down the stairs and the sound from her laptop.

I continued to pack my belongings—shirts, shorts, underwear, footwear, and personal items. I also stuffed my laptop and iPad inside of my backpack.

"There's one for tonight at eleven-thirty," she shouted from the living room, "it's the earliest I could find," she added.

I pulled out my wallet from my backpack and ran downstairs to give it to her. "My passport and credit card is in there," I smiled faintly.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She sounded pained as much as I do, "I'll pay for my own expenses."

I was about to protest on her suggestion but I think she knew beforehand. "You don't have to worry about me. I can handle myself. I just want to be there for you."

I cannot find the words to express how thankful I am to have her as my bestfriend. I wrapped her tighly around my arms. "Thank you," I whispered.

She didn't respond but instead gave me a pat on the back.

Even if I have all of these problems coming to get me, I'm still grateful for having her and her full support in my life.