Introduction

Hide your heart under the bed
and lock your secret drawer.
Wash the angels from your head,
won't need them anymore.
Love is a demon and you're the one
he's coming for.
Oh my Lord.

-"Can I Be Your Girl"
Jann Arden Richards

  🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥

Grey

Being perfect is hard.

And no, I'm not saying this because I'm conceited and presumptuous. I simply made use of the word that has been used to describe me ever since the time I could remember. Apparently, the commonly used factors that had contributed into my being classified as one, according to most, are my being tall, rich and handsome.

Although I don't deny any of these, I am perfectly aware of the not-so-hidden agenda behind these compliments. And that's how I realized that being perfect is hard.

Because they only want you for their own selfish gain.

And these kind of people, the 'leeches' as I like to call them, are everywhere.

Just like how I'm finding myself suffocated by one's unwanted presence right now.

"Don't you look handsome tonight Grey."

Tatiana Ross was the daughter of our mayor, Richard Ross- who was another leech in my life- and proved that title as she pressed herself more to me this evening. "Thank you," I said, not bothering to hide my indifference. The girl didn't seem to notice this or if she had, she'd just brushed it off and showered me with her loud obnoxious giggles. I knew that she intentionally did so, so that the media that was her father's own doing by the way, would get the idea that we were a budding couple.

Yeah....no.

For years I have dealt with her and her father during social gatherings my family and I had to attend. But the challenge was put to a higher level when I entered high school as she, unfortunately, transferred to my alma mater.

Now I am lost in my own loathing of her and her kind.

"Tell you Grey, why don't we leave this boring party and have some fun somewhere else?"

I made a wrong move when I glanced at her chest that seemed to burst out of the confines of her skin-tight red velvet dress because she practically leaned in for me to stare at them more.

tsk tsk tsk

I glanced at her flushed face as she gave me her infamous 'come hither' look and grimaced inwardly. She must've thought I had been taken by her fake mounds, but if I were to be blatant about it, any human being who has some sense of modesty in their being would stare at them out of cautiousness because they looked like they would rip out of her dress in just one miscalculated move. It was alarmingly lewd and made me feel far from turned on but rather uncomfortable and disgusted.

And the dress looked damn suffocating. What the hell was she thinking??!!

"Tatiana, you are free to leave if you wish to do so but I'm not coming with you because I know for a fact that this event, no matter how boring, will be far more interesting and beneficial than anywhere else you'd like to take me to. No offense by the way."

She opened her mouth to say something but I already walked away leaving her alone in the balcony that had once offered me solitude before she decided to intrude.I walked across the room to my father who was enjoying his chat with another business man who I remembered to be Mr. Zhang.