ooo ↠ prologue !

DERRY IS A SMALL town, nothing particularly bad ever happens there

DERRY IS A SMALL town, nothing particularly bad ever happens there. That was until the fateful date of the 15th of April 1985.

When a young Vivian Clarke walked into her home on Witcham street with Hazel Clarke, older than the young red head by 6 years. The 10 year old will never be able to get the of what she seen out of her head.

As the two girls lived with their other sister by themselves, as their dad ran out and their mother died giving birth to their younger brother. Neither of them survived, the girls lost their brother, mother and father in the span of 2 weeks.

As she looked in fear, shock and sadness at the scene in front of her, tears started rolling down her cheeks before she could stop it.

There laying on the ground with multiple stab wounds and no weapon was her other older sister. Rosemary Clarke. She was dead. The other two girls couldn't help it, they cried and screamed. Vivian sat over her dead sister.

"Rosie, please wake up. Please Rosie... common I can't live without you... Rosie please! Please Rosie, please! I wanna stay with you. I wanna stay with you." Vivian pleaded, sobbing. Hazel hugged her sister and they cried together.

The police where called and Vivian was dragged away from her dead sister. She screamed and thrashed. Anything to get back to her sisters limp body.

Rosemary was announced dead at the scene, put in an ambulance and was publicly announced dead on the 16th. The doctors said it was suicide and thought nothing of it. As I said, nothing ever happens in Derry.

The funeral was set for the 18th. Half the town showed up. Including Richie Tozier and Bill Denbouragh who where close friends with Vivian at the time.

Soon after the Clarke sisters where removed from Derry completely. As neither of them were old enough to live by themselves. And now the police found out the girls were illegally living by themselves the were sent to live in foster homes around Maine.

They were put into foster care and neither of them did very well. Hazel was to old for anyone to want her and Vivian was quite rude and a bit violent.

After Vivian had a strong talk with Hazel she turned her life around. Till the age of 13, Vivian was in a nice family and was loved.

On the 27th of May 1988, Hazel had bought a nice house back in Derry and her and Vivian where moving back to where they were brought up. Vivian put on a fake smile and pretended everything was fine.

Vivian was pretty and nice, she was pleasant to everyone and every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted her. One boy wanted her more than the rest.

Richie Tozier. The boy with magnifying glasses that made his eyes look 10 times bigger than they actually where. The boy who made dirty jokes and flirted mindlessly. The boy who had liked Vivian ever since they where 7. The boy who was heart broken when she left Derry. Now she's back, he's decided to do what ever he can to get Vivian to feel the same.

Henry Bowers wanted to make her look bad. But what ever he tried, he couldn't make the girl look like the slut he wanted her to. Anything he said was thrown back in his face. That was until she started hanging out with the Loser Club during the Summer.

Now Vivian was 14 and had been in school for about a month. Hazel was 20 and had a job at the local arcade. They had both fitted back into Derry very well.

Little did they know, moving back to Derry would have been the worst mistake they had ever made.