03 ↠ history project !

"LET ME SEE

"LET ME SEE." Bev said standing up and moving beside Bill.

"What's the black spot?" Questioned Stanley. As I got up and sat behind Richie, I pressed my chest against his back so I could get a better look at Ben's book.

"The Black Spot was a nightclub that was burned down 9 years ago by a racist cult." Eddie explained.

"The what?" Stan asked confused.

"Don't you watch Geraldo?"

"No Eddie, we don't." I said very confused.

"Y-y-y-your hair..." Bill mumbled staring at Bev. I looked sadly at Bev, she has been through a lot the night before. Maybe Bill would understand how she felt.

"Your hair is beautiful Beverly." Ben interrupted.

"Oh, right, thanks." Bev said tucking her now short hair behind her ear, smiling at the two boys.

The tension grew as Ben and Bill had a sort of stare off. It was quite awkward seeing as both the boys had a crush on the red head. I coughed quite loudly trying to get them back to the original conversation topic.

"Here, pass." I said to Bill, clicking my fingers asking for the book.

"Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asked as I flipped through the pages.

"Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before." Ben said. I glanced up at him as I continued to flick through the book.

"They did a study once..." Ben continued. "and it turns out, people die or disappear six times the national average."

No one spoke. I suddenly stopped st a page. Everyone looked at me. I couldn't speak. On the page in front of me was an article on my sister... Rosie.

The death of Rosemary Clarke

The unexpected death of this 14 year old is a mystery. The Clarke sisters found her in their home with multiple stab wounds and no weapon. Some people speculate that one of her sisters did it. Soon after the Clarke sisters moved from Derry completely. Is this just more evidence to prove Rosemary's death wasn't accidental-

"Viv, don't read that." Richie said tugging the book gently out of my hands.

"I'm fine... you read that?" I asked referring to what he said earlier, putting on a fake smile.

"Yeah and that's just grown ups. Kids are worse, way, way worse." Ben said slowly. "I've got more stuff, if you want to see it?"

Everyone nodded, agreeing it would be interesting to see the collection of Derry history Ben had. Apart from Eddie, who frantically shook his head. Highly disagreeing with the idea.