New School

When I walked in, everyone stopped talking and their eyes shot towards the door. They mouths fell open, ever so slightly. They could not believe a new girl was in their homeroom. Mr. Parker cleared his throat and stated, "Class, this is your new classmate, Hannah." He then directed his attention to me. "You can sit there." He pointed to a seat between a beautiful girl and a VERY cute boy. I sat down and shifted nervously in my seat. The girl next to me gushed,"I LOVE your name!" I smiled and thanked her. "My name is Heather Heathcliff, and this is Callum Hunter." She motioned to the guy next to me. He smiled a cocky smile. "That is Joanne Mills and that's Clara Roscoe." She pointed to two pretty girls around us. I knew instantly that these girls were part of the popular group. At the end of class, Heather asked the unexpected, "Do you want to sit with us at lunch?" "Sure," I responded indifferently, inside my heart was doing a backflip. Then, Heather asked a more unexpected question: "How did you break up with your boyfriend." My face turned blank. A boyfriend?! "I-I did-didn't ha-have a boyfriend." I lie. I'm such a good liar. I haven't had a boyfriend since him... No! I won't think about him. Heather's eyes widened in surprise. "Really!" Heather's face contorted into disbelief. "Really!" Heather exclaimed. "I would have sworn..." "Quiet in the back!" exclaimed Mr. Parker. "Then, I will totally need to get you a hot first one." Heather whispered.

When Science ended, I lingered on. We had a 5 minute passing period, which is very little time since the campus was so large. I wanted to find out what I had missed in Science so it wouldn't damage my grade. "Did you already learn these conversions?" Mr. Parker asked me. "No," I answered truthfully. I really need to touch up on my conversions. "Then here is a worksheet and a study-guide." Mr. Parker said as he handed them to me. I thanked him and hurried to my next class.