Chapter Twenty === End of the Road

Don't hate me, but I've decided to not continue this story after this last chapter. It's been very difficult to write, especially when I have another account and multiple people I help write. 

Plus, after I've helped my friends out a bit, I'll be posting another fanfic!

Here's a Hint on who it's about: Doors. Yes, Doors.

(P.s: If you think you know who the person is, feel free to post your guesses in the comments)

/////////////////////////////////////

[A few Years Later...]

[??? POV]

The day grew colder. Chills ran down my arms and throughout me, making me shake. I looked around the playground, kids playing games and sports. But for me? I was alone. 

My coat was swiped away from me by the school bully. He pulls my hair in class, cuts in front of me for the water fountain, steals my pencils and erasers and is outright mean.

Yesterday, he even threw me into a huge mud puddle. 

Right now, I'm cold... and sad. 

As the bell rang, I hopped down from my spot and rushed inside; slumping down in my chair while rubbing my arms. 

Again, my ponytail was pulled harshly. And once again, nobody cared. Until...

"Hey!" 

I turned to see a blonde boy with emerald green eyes, looking angrily at the boy with a hold of my hair. 

"What?" The bully scoffed.

"Don't do that!" He walked up and removed his hand from my ponytail carefully, "What has she ever done to you?!"

Before he let him reply, he shoved his hand up in his face, "Ya know what? I don't wanna hear it."

He walked up beside me and offered his hand, but then gave me a worried expression. As I shook his hand shyly, he asked: "Are you cold?"

"...f-freezing..." 

He took off his sweater and offered it to me, smiling brightly.

"N-No, you keep it," I told him.

He chuckled, "I'm not the cold one here, please, take it." 

I smiled and shove my arms inside the sweater, immediately feeling warmer.

"Th-Thank you..." I thanked him, "If you want it back, tell me." 

He nodded, "What happened to your coat?" 

"He stole it..." I said, gesturing to the boy behind me.

He shook his head, glaring at him in the corner of his eye. 

"I'm Gerret, by the way." He spoke.

I smiled, "I'm Madison."

[Le Time Skip]

"Mum! Mum Blu!" I gleamed, closing the door behind me. 

"Hey Lovely." Mum Blue walked up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Who's this?"

"My new friend, Gerret!" I happily spoke, "He helped me with my Bully incident today."

"Oh, really?" She ruffled his hair a bit, "It's nice to meet ya, Garret."

"You too, Mrs. Rizu!" He shook her hand as she offered it, "Mads tells me you play V-Ball?"

"Oh, I do." She throws her hair over her shoulder, "I played it all through Highschool and was the captain of the team."

"Nice!" Garret gleamed, "I'm actually practicing to join the team, care to help me...?" 

"Sure! Anytime." She agreed, "My wife will be home soon and maybe we can play 2 on 2?"

Garret seemed to have a moment of realization and nodded. 

As we walked to the backyard, Garret and I waited on the porch while Mum Blu set up the posts. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I had 2 mums..." I told him.

"I thought you accidentally said 'Mum' for both parents at first, so I let it go." Garret chuckled, "But now I know what you mean. Sorry for assuming."

I giggle, "That's okay. I guess I was just afraid of telling you, most people that know hate me because of it."

"But it's not a thing to be hated for!" Garret said, "It's... not fair."

"I know, but it's fine."

"It's not!"

"As long as I have you for a friend, everything will be fine."

A moment of silence was shared.

"Then I guess everything will be fine."

We smiled at eachother.

"Mads! Katie!" 

I turned to see my other mum, walking in and giving Mum Blu a small kiss.

"Oh! I see you've got a friend, Mads!" She gleamed, walking over to meet him. "I'm Mrs. Y/n Rizu, nice to meet you."

"I'm Garret," She smiled.

"He saved Mads from her bully today." Mum Blu explained.

And since then, Gerret has been welcomed into our home with open arms. Every time he didn't have a place to stay or simply was going through tough times, he was here. 

He was and still IS my best friend. 

But after today, we'll be connected by 2 silver rings, kisses, and love.

JUST MARRIED!

---

THE END.

---