Chapter Two

My jaw dropped and my eyes began to produce tears.  

"Snow? Snow, is that you?" Ricky's voice called out softly. 

My hands came up to my arms. My fingers pinched my flesh. This had to be a dream. He couldn't actually be here. 

His strong arms pulled me into a hug but I just kept my arms hanging at my sides.  

He finally let go. I could feel the tears, an unstoppable waterfall that was about to make it's way out of my eye sockets. So I turned to the bus and I ran. I hadn't cried in three years. I wasn't about to allow anyone to watch such a personal moment. 

my boots slammed against the metal stairs and on to the carpeted floor of the living space, my hair was sticking to the streams of tears already down my face. My breathing was shallow. My head pounding. 

I threw myself onto the bunk and yanked the black curtain baracade shut. Allowing darkness to totally engulf the space. 

Then, I allowed myself to cry, freely. Nothing was held back. it was as though the tears I had held back for so long were all exiting my body.  

outside the bunk the floor creaked. I rolled my body so I was facing the wall. 

"Snow?" I heard Rex's baritone voice call out. 

I felt the bed sink in next to me as it attempted to hold his weight. 

"Is everything okay?" 

I turned to face him and ran a hand under my running nose. "Yes Rex. everything is just fucking peachy." 

he pulled me into his arms and I rested my head on his giant shoulder. "What's wrong doll?" 

in between sniffs I was able to respond. "It's back Rex." 

He looked at me confused."What's back Snow?" 

Tears ran over my eyes again. "My past." 

"the answer only seemed to confuse him more. "And what do those guys have to do with anything?" 

I took a deep breath. "That's Ricky." 

His eyes looked like moons. "The Ricky?"  

I nodded my head still on his shoulder. "the only guy who I ever let in my heart."

Rex had finally gotten me out of my bunk and I was now sitting on the couch flipping through channels on the television and hugging a mug of coffee to my chest. 

I heard the door open and slam shut. My head turned in the direction of the sound. Walking up the stairs I saw Jin and two of the guys from Motionless. My eyes began to pull away when I saw Ricky's piercing green eyes. 

My breath hitched in my throat. He didn't look like the boy I remembered. He had grown a few inches taller and dropped atleast ten pounds. His hair was longer and hanging in his eyes and two shiny black rings pierced his lips.  

he looked over at me and his face lit up.  

I pulled my legs into my chest and directed my gaze to the floor. 

"This is the Sickness bus. You boys make yourself at home." Jin said as he walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of lemonade. 

I could feel air on either side of me filled with bodies but I didn't dare look up. 

I allowed my hair to create a curtain around my face before I dared to see who was beside me. I was surprises to are that neither of the two men were Ricky. 

Confused I looked up to find him staring intently at me from a chair next to the table. 

my gaze immediately went to Jin. He was studying me intently.  

"So is this the first tour you guys have been on?" Rex said hoping to take the spot light off of me. 

"Yeah. we're pretty psyched about it." The one on the left of me replied. 

Jin gave me his 'we will talk about this later' look before jumping into the conversation. 

Slyly I moved my headphones into my ears and tried to drown them all out.