Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: Enjoy my last few chapters ^^ -Koma

He's... Gone... He left...

"N-Nova..." Coughed Ara from behind me. I could hear a wet splatter fall onto the ground. When I turned around, I could see him coughing up more blood. I felt myself twitch, but I didn't do anything. I just... stood there.

I had Iyumi's scent, I could've easily gone after him and made the rest of his existence hell, but I didn't. Ara would die if I left now and I didn't want to get any more hurt than I already was. I needed to take Ara and Iris home so they'd be safe... They really need help.

The dull aches in my body didn't hesitate to return soon after I took them both home, one at a time. I could've taken both, but they were both badly injured and I was too. Just carrying one of them was making me tired, while normally I wouldn't even break a sweat.

When I managed to get all of us back home, I put the two in my bed, but not before fixing up their wounds. Ara's stab wound was deep. He bled to the point where he fainted. He was strong, he would be able to survive this easily. I made sure to clean up nicely, making sure nothing was infected.

Luckily it wasn't.

Moving onto Iris, he was in bad shape. He had multiple dark bruises covering his entire body, deep scratches, and a few stab wounds on his arms. He was tortured severely...

Fucking hell... I'd kill Iya and Dieo and that stupid fucking brat named Iyumi all over again. But more painful, more slowly, more gruesome.

They hurt him and they need to pay for it...

After I fixed both of their injuries, I worked on my own. I'm tired... Exhausted...

Ara told me not to sleep...! But... I'd be awake in five minutes, way before he'd ever wake up.

I fixed my own wounds... I would be fine. Just a small rest. I let them take my bed, while I fell asleep on the couch. Luckily I had a couch in my room.

Goodnight...

_________________________

"Nova." A voice called to me. God fucking dammit what do they want NOW... I'm exhausted and plus, I'm injured. Leave me alone... I'm stabbed...

"Nova..." It called again, sounding a bit more agitated than before. Go... Away... Already...

"NOVA."

I snapped awake quicker than I'd ever had, wincing in pain as I sat up too quickly. I hissed softly under my breath as the hot burning sensation around my wound slowly faded, finally turning my head up to look into the eyes of the cute adorable Ara, who looked... mad.

Before he could say anything, I quickly blurted out. "I was tired."

He sighed softly, obviously not good at keeping an upset expression. "You could've fallen into a coma, Nova... You should've waited for me to wake up...!" His voice didn't sound angry, but it sounded highly concerned, mixed with a little sadness and worry too.

I grabbed onto Ara, dragging him close to me. I let him sit on my lap and hug me.

"You worry me too much..." Ara mumbled, shifting so his face was buried in my neck. I laughed softly, wrapping my arms around his thin, small body. Everything was going to get better... Everything was going to turn out great.

If Iyumi is smart, then he won't go after us. He's a coward and if I ever see him again, I will kill him. Iya won't remember anything that happened probably. But that's only if he wakes up. Lucifer might use his soul for a different purpose... It's better than waking up, to be honest.

If you wake up, then you'll be locked away for eternity until they take your soul away from you. They'll torture you... When you wake up, hundreds of years pass and you can't remember anything at all. You're a blank slate and you start over. So Iya wouldn't remember his brother's existence...

And if you don't wake up? You don't die, you just... Stop existing. I never thought about it, it's just kind of the thing people don't talk about.

But we don't need to worry about it anymore... We'll be careful. No more guards will hopefully be sent up here and Lucifer will straighten up a bit and fuck off. We'll be careful with the humans and blend in, it'll be easy.

Everything will work out. I know it will...

I heard a soft noise from the bed. I carefully moved Ara off and stood up, going over. Iris was stirring awake now, luckily. When his eyes opened, our faces were only inches apart.

He jumped back quickly, eyes widening in surprise. "Fuck! Ow, you ugly stupid bastard I'm HURT!" He hissed through his clenched teeth and shot a glare at me. I grinned and flicked him gently on the nose, making him flinch slightly.

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty... Don't ruin my stitches asshole, I'm proud of them!" I smiled innocently, biting my lip while watching him. Iris stilled.

"Iris...! I'm so happy you're okay...! Does it hurt...? What did he do to you..??" Ara was by him in almost an instant, eyes full of concern and worry.

"He barely did anything.. Don't worry about it." Iris sat up, being careful of MY stitches that I stitched into his stomach and sides, which were previously torn open and bloody.

"Welcome baaaack then~" I giggled, flicking him over and over in the head and receiving a glare from him before Ara stopped me. I sighed and leaned back where I was sitting, yawning softly as a wave of exhaustion poured over my body.

I think we're officially out of the  woods now." I mumbled, grinning slightly. Both of their faces lit up and my smile widened as I wrapped my arms around both of them carefully.

"And we're a family now. Whether you like it or not little Iris boo~" I cooed, flicking him one last time in the head. Iris would be messed up for a while, but we could find him some therapy and we would have to snuggle him lots.

Well... Ara can do that part. Fuck that part.

Everything would slowly mellow out. All three of us would be fine...

Now roll the credits Ara!

A/N: The End?