18

"mikey, come to bed.." the older boy heard, but he knew he had to keep working.

"hold on, baby. just give me a few more minutes." michael mumbled, looking down at the list in front of him.

"what are you even doing? you're not seriously working on school assignments, are you?"

"of course not. we have two days to fit in as much stuff as possible, so i'm planning out those days down to the minute." michael
said, and luke stood up, walking over to him.

"hey, come on, you don't have to do that." luke said, rubbing michael's shoulder.

"yes i do." michael mumbled, writing quickly.

"michael-"

"luke, stop it. i have to get this perfect." michael said, running a hand through his hair.

"hey, baby, calm down.." luke whispered, and sat down on michael's lap. "...it's okay."

"no it's not, luke! i only have 48 hours with you, and we have to do everything. i- luke- i don't want you to go, and i'm freaking out-"

"stop it.." luke whispered once tears filled michael's eyes. "...these next two days are going to be absolutely perfect because i'm with you. that's all i could ever ask for."

"i'm just scared. i know i've pushed you away some, but i've never actually done anything without you, and you've always been here." michael said softly.

"and i'm still gonna be with you. not physically, but i'm never gonna forget about you. anytime i find money, i promise i'll find a payphone. besides, we can always meet up." luke said, making michael smile a little.

"you say that, and we'll meet up a few times and just stop. it just happens that way." michael said softly.

"we will try our best." luke whispered.

"you know we can't be together after you leave, right? the distance will just be too hard." michael whispered, and luke nodded, holding his hands.

"i know, but you're mine for two more days."