Chapter 1: A City in Ruin

Whiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Ninjago City was under attack. Again.

Citizens screamed at the top of their lungs and ran for the nearset vehicle to escape in. Others just ran for their lives, panic evident in their voices. No one was sure what was attacking them. Just that they were scary.

They were some sort of monsters, with rocky black skin and purple glow surrounding their bodies. They had sharp black claws, with yet more dark purple glowing on the ends. Their faces were unrecognizable, and if they weren't where a human head would be, no one would know it was a head at all. Just one purple circle in their face, glowing brighter than the rest of their bodies.

A hot dog vendor slowly walked backwards as a creature approached him. Not knowing what to do, he held out a hot dog, hoping the creature would take it and go away. No such luck.

The creature slashed at him, throwing him far away. The man eventually slammed into a garbage can, breaking his spine.

The police force arrived, a dozen police cars filled with two officers each. The policemen held out their guns, firing at the monsters. The bullets simply bounced off the monsters, who didn't even seem to notice. One officer his behind his car, pulling out his walkie-talkie. "This is Officer Brandy, we are outmatched here! They are invincible to our bullets! We need to evacuate the city!"

"We'll send in the boats and our rescue team," the man on the end of the line said. "In the meantime, do what you can to hold them off!"

"No good, sir! We can't even scratch them! We need the ninja!"

In the Destiny's Bounty, the ninja were training. Lloyd and Cole were sparring, while the others watched.

Cole made a swing at Lloyd, who ducked out of the way, sending a punch back at the Earth Ninja. Cole smirked as Lloyd's fist simply went right through him. "Advantages of being a ghost, eh?" He asked.

Lloyd smiled back. "Yeah, but you lower your guard," the Green Ninja formed two energy spheres, launching them at Cole. They hit the ghost square in the chest, launching him backward a bit.

"H-how...?" Cole started, rubbing his head.

"When you get overconfident, you turn physical again," Lloyd said.

"Noted," Cole said, continuing his spar with the Green Ninja.

On the sidelines, Jay and Kai squabbled over who would win. "Cole is the strongest ninja," Kai said with a smirk. "And besides, he's had more training than Lloyd has."

Jay let out a chuckle. "Cole may be the strongest physically, be Lloyd is the strongest elementally. And Cole doesn't have much more training than Lloyd. What is it, like 3 months? And may I remind you, Lloyd defeated the Overlord. Ya know, the worst baddie Ninjago has ever seen?"

"Yeah, but that was with his Golden Power, which he can't access anymore. Trust me Jay, Cole has this in the bag."

Suddenly, Nya ran onto the deck. "Guys, Ninjago City is under attack!"

Lloyd and Cole paused their fight and the Green Ninja's smirk turned to a straight line. "Again? Wow, that place must be cursed or something."

"Attacked? By who?" Zane asked.

Nya shook her head. "Not who, but what. An army of some weird purple and black warriors is attacking the city, in the industrial district!"

"Industrial district? Isn't that where Claire lives?" Jay asked, looking at Lloyd.