☀️Chapter 5~An oath made from the heart

They were halfway across the bridge when Rapunzel saw the brother, of all people who could have escaped come running up behind her and then.

"Oh no... Eugene!, EUGENE-UGH!!" She screamed as he pulled her hair back and with one swift move, he stabbed her in the abdomen where her baby used to be and panic surged within her.

"NOO!!... RAPUNZEL!!" Eugene yelled before running to the nearest house he could see, he ran to the women who was at the door and handed his daughter to her.

"Take Her Please!"

"We'll take her to the palace right away... oh Prince Eugene... they've just-" She said really scared for their princess who was now bleeding on the bridge and in searing pain, "I know... GO!! And get help!!...RAPUNZEL, HOLD ON!!" He screamed as he ran to her side and immediately got out a blanket from his satchel and tried to stop the bleeding, he took her head in his hand and held her up, he began crying as he saw her gasping for air, he looked up and saw the brother at the edge of the Forrest staring at them with a smile that caused the hairs on his neck to stand up, he was out for revenge Eugene had killed his brother back in the cave, and escaped from him once again.

Eugene thought to himself.

 'If you come here and hurt my family again... I'll Kill you'

then the brother turned, ran and disappeared into the Forrest.

Eugene brought his attention back to Rapunzel who was losing blood fast and all he could say was, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" as tears fell from his eyes, blaming himself for allowing her to rest, while he went ahead with Hannah, "it's not your fault, but... where's Hannah, where is she?!?" she cried now freaking out for she did not know were her daughter was, "she's fine the millers wife has run her up to the palace and gone for help" he said trying to calm her down,
"hmm" she said very faintly "breathe Rapunzel breathe... (Whimper)... PLEASE don't leave me, Stay With Me Rapunzel" he begged, he knew he could lose her at any moment and be afraid this was what Ethan felt when he had to choose whose life would be saved.

'Stay with me' was the last thing Rapunzel heard before she blacked out.

Rapunzel woke up in the medical room of the palace, she looked to her side and saw Hannah asleep in a cradle, "Hey baby girl" she whispered in a croaky voice to her daughter and smiled at the sight of her.

Then she heard voices that sounded like her parents and Eugene talking to someone, she looked to her right and saw her family talking to doctor Malcolm who had been found the day before, he helped her through the early stages of her pregnancy, they were all looking relieved and joyful.

Rapunzel saw Eugene looked over his shoulder at her before realising she was awake, Rapunzel's parents also saw she was awake, but told Eugene to go to her and they'll see her later, they left and Eugene walked in, "Hey Blondie" he said with a big smile on his face, he could still get away with the nickname only because it connected them like nothing else.

"Hey... what happened?" the smiled on his face quickly vanished and turned into a frown of sorrow, "It was my fault, you were still so weak from the birth, you lost so much blood from it and then more from the-the," He paused as if he was gonna burst out crying and he curled his hand into a fist with the sheets, "Hey, that wasn't your fault, I'm alright" She said trying to convince him that she was fine.

While putting her hand on his face, once again trying to comfort him in some way, to show him she was alright, he put his hand on her hand and held it tight, "Rapunzel I was so worried, I thought I lost you" He said with a tear running down his face, "Never your stuck with me forever" she said with a chuckle, he laughed whipping the tear of his cheek.

"What happened to the Stabbington Brother, did he... (sigh) did he get away?" She asked uneasily.

"Yeah, yeah... he got away," He said with rage in his eyes as he got up from the bed with Rapunzel still laying down as he walked to the window before he said, "But I'll find him, he won't hurt you or Hannah again... I swear to you, I will find him."

Eugene made an oath that day to find him and lock him up for good. 

He wasn't going to hurt his family again.