XVI

Remember Me This Way

2014

Chapter XVI

“I’m telling the truth.” Tate muttered angrily to the police officer who gave his partner a look that clearly said he thought Tate was off his head.

 *                   *

*

The court case was long and boring, but eventually the moment came for the verdict and the sentence and Tate was willing to face whatever punishment he would get.

“The jury has decreed that Tate Mitchell Coleman is to be found guilty, of the crime of manslaughter – of Cassie Maria Chambers. However, the jury also depicts that Tate Coleman be let go and not be charged. Mr Coleman is to undergo frequent evaluations by a licensed psychiatrist. Case closed.”

After months and months of re-telling the story of him and Cassie, many people learned to avoid him, but it didn’t matter.

Stepping out of the court room, camera’s flashed in his eyes and reporters threw questions at him left, right and centre, but Tate paid no mind to it.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets he began to walk away from everyone and everything.

The reporters stopped following him eventually and he soon found the silence he came to both love and hate for entirely different reasons.

Walking to his new sanctuary, he breathed in the air as it brushed past him, blowing his hair around on top of his head.

The faint smell of damp clothes caught his senses and he smiled, opening his eyes he looked next to him to see the beautiful face of his one true love before she was gone in the blink of an eye again.

“Love you Cas.”

THE END.

[Author’s Note]: THAT'S THE END GUYS :D Thanks to everyone who has supported me :) 

Special thanks to anyone who has ever voted or commented on my stories, it is very much appreciated! Also be sure to check out my other books and my second account Her80sDemon2 for news on my upcoming stories!