Past

Past

Okay just a warning this one is pretty emotional and sad with a happy ending.

They say the ghost of past haunts you. I say that the past itself is a ghost. It haunts you, depressed you, upsets you, scares you and sometimes swallows you.

I know the Cullens past. And I know mine. And it proves the theory that life is not fair.

I take a deep breath.

"Before coming to Forks I used to go to a private boarding school in UK." I said. And no it wasn't Hogwarts. Dunderheads. "I finished that school earlier in this year. I had, have three best friends Derek, Finn and Chris."

"What does that have to do with this?" Esme asked confused.

"I am coming to that this is just one thing you needed to know." I said. "I started school when I was nine. I got the scholarship, not because I was perfect but because the teacher saw something in me. A thirst to prove myself. Determination to prove that I can do everything people say I can't. And they had all noticed how hard I work to archive things. I was bullied by everyone in school. Everyone called me an idiot, fat, useless and I don't know. I used to be clumsy. My handwriting was unreadable. So when I got the scholarship to that school, I was determined I would be loved, liked and cherished by everyone. I had decided I would not let what happened in my previous school in my new school too.

On the way to school I met three boys. Derek Howell. Chris Harbor. Finn Chase. They were all so different. From each other. And from me. But yet, we were all similar in a way. We all wanted to be the best. And we're ready to do anything it required. We were all just 9 year old but had aged beyond our years for a reason or another. We immediately hit off. Inseparable.

When we reached school, we saw it was a race. Everyone was at their best. Everyone with different backgrounds and everyone completely different. Yet, similar. Everyone wanted to prove themselves. I knew I will have to join the race. Seven months in this school then the rest in Phoenix.

I had worked hard and improved my handwriting before coming. I worked hard absorbed in the studies. Two months later I was a class favourite. Best in academics and I was for the first time in my life confident.

Then I met the famous Tasha Sparkles. The epitome of perfection. Kind, helpful, graceful, smart and over all perfect. We became friends almost like sisters. I did my best to be as graceful as her. And by the end of the school year I could dance and play piano. And I was good at sports. Tall, good complexion and the grooming classes gave me a personality. I went home a whole new person.

I realised Bella hadn't changed at all. But everyone realised I had. And for the better. Or so everyone believed. That was when all the relatives, started liked me and loving me. Leaving me fortune and everyone made me a princess and put Bella aside. Bella was jealous. But she knew I would return soon so it will be just her again.

Next school year my three best friends and I were even stronger. They thought they were perfect. Good enough. And it wasn't wrong coz they were.

This year was Tasha's third year. And she was not as kind and helpful. She was mean, bitter, fake but still the best. Kids hated her yet loved her. All the boys were all over her. Yet Derek, Chris and Finn weren't effected. They hated her like me. They started helping me. Making me perfect. I learnt how to play instruments. And speak formally. Dance better and eventually sing. Though I wasn't very good at it then. All three of them were very rich. And I had a fortune by the age of 10 already.

They replaced my clothes. My hair a bit styled. And by the end of the school year. Tasha and I were enemies. From sisters to enemies. She was afraid I might replace her.

We went home and I had two months of school at home too. Everyone who bullied me wanted to be my friend. I was good at sports. My clothes were designer. I was pretty, confident and outgoing.

Next year it was Tasha and I again. Fighting. The pressure started getting to me. My three friends were a comfort they helped me. Perfected me. Taught me languages and the things all rich kids know and this time by the end I could sing.

Then home was the same thing. Nothing changed and Bella and I were suddenly not as close as we used to be.

Then I was twelve and back to school. It was the same race. And fight. But I kept getting better and got my first boyfriend who I later dumped for another boy.....who cheated on me. I was angry. We had an argument. He called me useless and a bitch. That opened old wounds. The pressure got to me. I worked harder and so did my friends. For me.

I could not handle the pressure and started cutting myself. Next year of school I was thirteen. Still cutting. My friends found out, they stopped it and worked harder on me. Etiquette, Grooming, Public speaking. Everything.

This time I went home and all my relatives were in love with me. No one ever asked about Bella. Her best friend worshipped me and her friends left her for me. I always tried to include her but she refused. It broke her when her first crush, Josh who she liked for three years asked me out. And we dated. She would see us kissing and laughing all day. Though, we both ended up cheating on each other. What's more, I cheated on him with Bella's other crush Shawn.

After I left we kept a distant relationship. A few friends in girls that I had hooked me up with another boy at school. And I broke up with Shawn on the phone though just like all my boyfriends including the first one we remained friends. I realised how I hurt everyone and told my boyfriend everything. He didn't mind. My friends finally made my perfect. And I was the school's epitome of perfection.
Tasha and I had a fight and I blurted everything out. What she had turned into. What everyone thought about. That night, we heard a scream. Tasha killed herself. She left a note explaining how her parents died when she was eleven. How she lived with her abusive aunt and uncle. Who had recently died. How the abuse and death of her parents was what made her bitter.

She told how her parents, grandparents and uncle and aunt left everything to her. And she left it to me.

Everyone forgot about it in days. Except me. How could I not notice? How could I become the bitch everyone called me? And then I became kinder , less insecure and just loved myself as Tasha had said. Soon I realised why everyone forgot Tasha. They saw her in me. Now I was kind, helpful, I was pretty and could dance and sing. I was everything Tasha used to be. I told my friends and they helped me soon I was again working. I was not the girl who was bullied back in Phoenix, I was not the girl who fought with Tasha over popularity and I was not the girl who was exactly what Tasha was. I was no longer Tasha. I was me."

I stumbled on the last few sentences.

"I went home and another boy asked me out. Again, Bella liked this guy too. I had many boyfriends throughout everything it ended pretty badly with everyone. In the end Bella forgave me for all that I had done. But it was never the same. It had all changed. I had changed, for good. She had too. Not as much as me. In fact it would be hardly noticeable to someone who is not me. For good or for the bad I never knew until today. She found out about everything that happened in my boarding school but didn't say anything to me or to anyone else. I was fifteen. I had two years of school left. They went pretty smoothly and Derek, Chris, Finn and I were perfect. Still best friends but know with all the fortune from Tasha, my relatives and everything I was also pretty rich. We partied and somehow after all the drama became the kids and babies we never got a chance to be."

I finished the story smiling. Though, I was still crying.

I looked up at them to see their reactions. I barely looked up when I was attacked, I mean tightly and quite fatally hugged by Rosalie.