The History Of Derry

<Continues On With Ben's POV>

I was in the library, and I was writing a letter to Beverly Marsh.

Your hair is winter fire, January embers. My heart burns there too.

-Secret Admirer

Bev Marsh

I looked outside hearing those kids, Billy, Richie, Y/N, Eddie and Stan riding their bikes somewhere. That girl, Y/N is friends with Beverly, she's cool like Beverly. I was reading the book that was the History of Derry.

History of Old Derry

I was turning the pages till this one page came up

Dead bodies on Easter Day, died from a fire.

EASTER EXPLOSION KILLS 88 CHILDREN, 102 TOTAL.

Easter Egg Hunt celebration at the Derry Iron Works, April 3rd 1908.

I kept turning the pages seeing more horrible deaths.

Bodies of those killed in Derry Iron Works Explosion, 1908.

Next Page

A gruesome discovery in the wake of the Derry Iron Works explosion, 1908.

I kept turning the pages and they started to zoom into the same picture. It was zooming into the tree. Then the last page was the kids head in the tree.

I closed the book making a loud bang.

I looked over to the yesterdays newspaper.

Body found by canal not Betty Ripsom.

Then a loud bang right next to me made me jump. The librarian drops the book next to me and she looks at me funny.

"Found it, isn't it summer vacation, I would think he'd be ready to take a break from the books," She said.

"I like it here," I said and I looked at the book, afraid to look at her.

"I think the boy should be spending time with his summer outside with friends... Don't you have any friends?"

I didn't answer, I didn't want to answer that because I didn't have any.

"I have the book now," I said looking embarrassed. The lady walked away and sat at the desk reading a book. I went to read the book, but a little kids laugh is heard behind me.

Then a music box plays in the background. I turn around seeing a balloon floating. Not even floating up, like it has no helium. The music box plays a little bit to old and starts sounding creepy.

I got up and followed the balloon but it disappears

I got up and followed the balloon but it disappears. It lead to more books on shelves. There was an egg on the steps, it looked like it was steaming hot. I didn't touch it, but I walked further down into the room. I saw another one on the floor. There was a laugh.

I saw the lights flicker and a shadow runs behind the shelves. I had the egg in my hand and I was walking to the pillar that supported the upper level. I wanted to go back so I did but a pair of legs were standing at the top of the steps. The person started walking down the stairs. He was holding eggs in his arms. He stopped.

He was wearing old clothing, then he took a step down the stairs he had no head. An egg fell and cracked, he dropped all his eggs and ran after me. I started running in the rows of books on shelves. The headless kid started chasing me and walking weird making me terrified.

"Egg Boy," A raspy voice said and I turned towards the voice and saw the clown chasing after me. I looked back and ran into the librarian.

"What are you doing?!" She said also in a raspy voice because she was old.

I looked back and didn't see it coming after me anymore. I didn't say anything but I ran out of the library.

I didn't want to see him again.

<Time Skipped>

I was found, Henry Bowers and his friends started attacking me, pushing me. The kid pulled my shirt up and put it over my head. Then he started tapping my stomach.

"Stop," I said trying to break free from the other kids grasp.

They pushed me on the fence and pulled my shirt back down. "Just leave me alone," I said trying to hit them.

Henry punched me two times in the face. The ringing in my ears and my nose bleeding. Henry held my face to not make me head go back. I couldn't hear them but he was yelling and shaking my head.

"This is carbonates" He said pulling out a knife and pulled it to my face.

"No please," I pleaded.

The boys stopped seeing a car go by and two elders watched. They were looking at us and their faces weren't scared or they didn't even care.

"Help, HELP!" I yelled and a red balloon appeared in the backseat of the car. They passed us not even caring. Henry cuts my stomach making me scream. He made a 'H' on my stomach represents his first initial.

The others faces weren't liking it. But I kept screaming.

"Woah woah, Henry--" Belch said looking terrified on what he just did.

"Shut up!" He interrupted.

"I'm gonna cut my whole name on this cottage cheese!" He yelled. I kicked him and I fell over the fence.

I was rolling down the hill. Henry hopped over the fence and ran down the hill to get me. Also Patrick and the two other boys. I ran into the river and followed up the river.

"Shit! I can't find my knife!" Henry yelled. The boys looked at him and he looked at them. "Get him, fuck my dad's gonna kill me," Henry said and the boys went after me. I lost them and I fell on a big rock making a loud splash.

"Holy shit, what the hell happened to you!?" The boy Richie said. I ran into these people I saw earlier. Y/N, Billy, Eddie, Stan, and Richie were all there.

I saw them get me and picked me up.

Y/N helped me with the cuts and stuff. I actually never thought Y/N was a nice person. What the hell is going on in Derry?

Thank you guys for 1.44k, I'm so happy, I thought this was a boring story. This might have some spoilers so sorry. ☹😕🤐