Chapter 8

"When i saw you, i fell in love, and you smiled, because you knew" (William Shakespeare)

***************************

My heard pounding abrubtly in my chest, I stared at the message that just cut me off world. Nervousness was draining inside me. I did not know what was going to happen next. He had seen my message. God he was typing now!

I knew the night was going to be long. Indeed my words became true. We chatted for a very long time, getting to know each other better. It was basic conversation about school life and about my subject choice. We talked about results and plans in life. It was two in the morning when i wished him goodnight. And he did not want me to go! Part of me wanted to stay awake but already, with so much of missed sleep, i know i would not be able to focus at tuition the following day.

Days later

That was it , i felt my dream coming true. It had been two months Seth and i had known each other. Everything was going on well. Very well infact. I felt like i was living on a dream. The more i got to know him, the more i knew i had fallen for the right person.

He was caring, loving , attentionate. It had not been long since he started pestering me on who was my crush since i said i was single. Words was falling short. I did not know what to say.

We met at Walmart and he even started using blackmailing to help me blurt everything out!

I was walking in front of him, enjoying the decors for Christmas. The small bulbs of light hung onto a very fine string and made to loop at different intervals was just awesome. It lit up the place with various colours and thus creating a wave of happiness and rejoycement on this marvellous occasion that is, christmas.

We were like mads. We kept on running around the store and some people were looking at us as though we were invadors of their personal space.

Some of our friends joined us later on, including Maya, Seth's cousin. We were both in very good terms. We decided to enjoy ourselves tonight and so we decided to watch the firecrakers of midnight. It was eleven by that time. Nearly one hour to go. We brought ice creams and many other treats as well as soft drinks. We then drove to the beach. Every one was seated and it was then that i realised everyone was in pairs and me with.. Seth!

Why am i so silly!

We sat down, our feet brushing the soft sand. The wind blew up my hairs and i felt Seth staring at me. I did not know why , but i leaned my head on his shoulders, and i felt tears prickle my eyes. Without even realising, i felt a hot liquid which was one drop of tears that glided down my cheeks.

He was still staring at me intently. He got confused on seeing my eyes pooled with tears.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He said, usual concern in his words.

I could not tell him what was really happening, right? Before coming up here, i had a talk with Maya. I told her that my crush was here and it was quickly sorted out.

I had a crush on Seth! Maya's cousin!

Great!!

She was very shocked on hearing this, but it took seconds before a smile played on her lips. "Who wouldn't fall for him?"she said. I felt a pang of sadness at the pit of my stomach. He was indeed very handsome. And i wondered if i had a chance with him.

"Look Hazel, i know how you are feeling right now. You have to face him. It's for your own good. Tell him. Speak your heart out to him. I swear, if someone had a crush on me for so long , and he proposed me, i would not have rejected. Because i know it is true love. And believe me dear, true love happens only once in a lifetime."