Chapter 6

"If you make her bite her lips, know that you are doing a damn good job at whatever you are doing." (The gentleman's code)

*****************************

We took a right turn and slided to the left side of the road where Alex parked the motorcycle. I got off the motorcycle and took off my helmet. I ran my hands through my hairs to fix them right. I bent forward and looked at myself in the mirror.

Alex held me by my waist and pulled me near him. "You look stunning as always, don't worry" Alex said as his hands rested on my waist. Many people who saw us like this often thought we were dating. Against all expections, neither my parents nor Mia bothered about that. That suprised me because Alex was already engaged and was going to be dragged to the altar while me, i was single but my heart is taken by the one that keeps running in my mind through days and nights.

That often bothered me and i even talked to Mia about it. I asked her if she mind that but she said that she knew Alex was very protective of me and she understood. She said her elder cousin was also like that to her. I even asked Alex to stop this crazy attitude of his but he got angry and said that he does not care about what people says. "Their words can't change reality" was what he often said.

He was like Brad. My conciousness often told me he did as such because he did not want me to miss Brad. Brad left for England some three years ago. Talking to him over a video call was often painful. I used to hide my tears and then burst out from the pain of not having him near me once he hung up. But i knew i had to understand. It was not easy for him too but he was doing it for the sake of our parents. I only wished for his success in life. My parents' dream would be accomplished then.

"Are you okay?" Alex said and brought me back to reality.

"Yea i'm okay."I said, wiping off the tear that rolled down .

Maybe he already guessed what i was thinking of. You must be wondering why i'm so attatched to my brother? Well i can say that he practically grew me up. My parents spent 3 years abroad when i was 7 years old. It was Brad who became my mom and my dad. My Grandparents often came to see us but they were very ignorant. I knew that Gran-ma did not like us that much.

Alex pulled me tighter and gave me a kiss on my cheecks. I could feel the heat building up in me as all the passers-by glared at us beneath their eyes. Then what? He was my brother! I kissed him back on his cheeks and he held that smile that threw me above heavens of delights. It was obvious he liked what i did.

We lived in such a country where rumours are spread within minutes. You never know what can be heard about you. You might have gone out with friends for a day and when you're back, you hear you've been to meet your boyfriend. It can't be figured out why people here are so narrow minded.

"Mornin' Granma" Alex said as he flew open the door and threw his bag on the chair.

"Alex! Stella! How are you my babies?Oh you've grown so much since the last time i saw you. Alex you're becoming more and more slimmer. Is it because your' stressed for the wedding? Would you guys like some tea and biscuits?" Granma said on a non- stop basis. I loved her. She was absolutely like mom. Or isn't it that it's mom who is like her?

Who cares as long as they are with me ..

"No i'm fine granma." Alex advanced to her and kissed her on her cheeks. "Where's mom?" He asked.

"Hi granma. How are youu?" I said excitedly, hugging her tight in my arms.
"I'm fine Haz. Your mom is upstairs Alex. Go meet her" Gran ma replied.

Alex and i rushed upstairs to meet my aunty.

"Hi mom! Hi aunty!!" Alex and I said at the same time.