F I V E

F I V E  |  M I S T A K E N

        SPRAWLED ACROSS THE sidewalk on the opposite side of the street laid a body. Natalia could tell it was a male by the shape it. He too wore a hoodie but his face was turned towards the shops. From where she hid, Natalia could barely make out the pooling blood that slowly grew around him.

        Below, the hooded figure crouches behind the bench Natalia sat in earlier. He frantically looks around the park as if considering his options before punching the bench in frustration. Grabbing his phone out of his pocket, the guy quickly turns the brightness down before scrolling through it.

        ''Come out, come out wherever you are,'' the voice was getting closer, its sinister tone affecting both Natalia and the guy below. Natalia frowns at the whole scenario, unsure whether to laugh or be scared. She looks past the pond, around the bushes, searching for the owner of the voice. Nothing.

        A roaring sound echoes across the park, rapidly increasing in volume as a motorcycle zooms down the park's pathway. Natalia watches in awe as the bike skids around the bench, making the tyres produce a piercing shriek before coming to a halt in the grassed area below the tree. The hooded figure springs up from his crouched position, swiftly catching a gun the driver of the bike chucks at him.

        The two people on the motorbike have their backs to Natalia as they both reach for their own guns before aimlessly shooting in the direction the voice came from. Several gunshots pierce the air, the sounds making Natalia flinch each time. A handful of figures step out of the shadows, some appearing behind trees while others jump out of bushes. The passenger of the motorbike removes their helmet and blonde waves cascade down the person's back, stopping at their elbows.

        The girl grips onto the driver's shoulder before leaning down and grabbing a circular object from somewhere Natalia couldn't see. She swings her legs over the bike before sprinting into the crossfire, ''game over suckers!'' Natalia watches as the object is thrown across the field, quietly landing amongst the group that was firing. There is a moment of silence when they look down at the object before the realisation hits them. Some turn to run away but it's too late; the object pulses, a fierce cry slicing through the air as it erupts.

        A rainbow of liquid colour explodes from the object, drenching each person as they collapse onto the grass due to the impact. Bouncing up and down, the girl yells, ''fuck yeah! We won!'' Her black outfit glistens, the moonlight reflecting off the fake leather. The hooded guy stands up from his crouched position behind the bench once again. He starts making his way to the other two to celebrate their victory. Natalia hears a snap behind her tree.

        She leans her body against a branch beside her before she rotates. With her back to the others that are on the ground, Natalia quietly moves some twigs out of the way to get a better view of this side of the park. There's a guy slowly making his way towards them, his figure hidden because he's crouched behind the bushes along the fence. His black cap prevents Natalia from seeing his face under the night sky.