[thirty-eight]

.

.

.

.

.

.

[thirty-eight]

[bridgit]

"Are you coming?" I called from the bathroom. Those were the first words I've spoken to my boyfriend in twenty-four hours and even they were bittersweet.

"No," Harry replied. "I'll just stay here."

I ran my tongue over my teeth as I leaned into the mirror, carefully applying a ring of eyeliner. It was Ellie's idea for Perrie's bachelorette party to be thrown in a strip club and she had told me to dress as provocatively as I could.

My short black jumpsuit was as provocative as I was willing to get.

"Could you at least help me with my necklace?" I asked.

Honestly, being mad at Harry was a lot of work. I have been mad at him so many times before, and you would think giving him the cold shoulder would get easier, but it doesn't. Yeah, I'm hurt about the ego-booster thing, but how the hell are we supposed to work through it if we're not talking?

He appeared in the frame of the door a moment later, his hands shoved into his shorts. "Sure."

I turned, my back to him, and handed Harry the silver necklace. He draped it over my neck and clasped it together. Once he was done, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pressed his bare chest to my back. I sighed.

He began to hum lowly as we just stood there and I immediately recognized the tune.

"I know what you're doing," I accused in a soft tone.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he replied, then began to sing. "Girl, you can't deny it, the sparks are flying, and I know just what we could do..."

He continued a song that we wrote together during our time touring through Europe. It was just for fun; we never really thought about putting it through the label. But, I think it actually would be a good idea.

"Now let's get together and light up the dark, before the night is through," I joined in. "

I turned and put my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss.

"You're impossible," I breathed.

"That's what makes it fun, right?" Harry kissed me again and I moved my arms from his neck and ran my fingers through his hair.

Someone knocked on the door and, with a small sigh, I stepped away and exited the bathroom to open it.

"Perrie!" I exclaimed, smiling. "Zayn!"

The two took provocative to a whole other level. Perrie's blonde hair was pulled back in a small bun, her eyes were heavily topped with eyeshadow and eyeliner. Her lips were an exaggerated red, she wore a black tank top, dark blue shorts, and black pantyhose. Zayn wasn't as sexual. He wore simplistic black jeans, a red shirt, and a black leather jacket. I rose a brow.

"I've never seen you wear so much makeup," I commented lightly, allowing them to come in. Harry was pulling a shirt over his head.

"Oh, you know I look hot." She grinned at me and gave me a hug.

"Just don't have too much fun; your husband's going to be there with us."

Zayn frowned slightly. "Does that mean that if I weren't there, you'd have more fun?"