Displeasure

It was hot. So hot that I could feel the moisture on my skin. I ran a shaky hand through my hair. My thin figures getting stuck in the various tangles.

Were am I?

The air was thick and I felt like I was being trapped under a blanket. I figure, being of upmost intelligence, maybe I should look around. Funny thing is I can't see. It's as black as a night with no moon.

I lift my hand up searching for any close surroundings but I find nothing. I start to take small steps in what I think is a forward direction. I was fumbling around like a lost puppy. I started to run trying to get some were. Anywhere.

When we collided I could feel the strength of him catching me. The warmth of his skin against mine. The sound and smell of his breath was intoxicating. He lay under me. And for a moment I could see his eyes in the darkness. A captivating green. And then swooped up in his grasp and placed back on my feet slowly I could see the dark start to fade now replaced with booming music and neon lights.

I remember seeing his face for the first time. His hard jaw line and messy chocolate hair. His dark blue t-shirt turn different shades under the lights.

I had now come to the realization I was on drugs. And the dark I was running through was a side affect.

We didn't talk to each other for a moment, we just observing each other's features taking in one another.

He didn't say his name.

But he was the first to speak.

"You're alright now. I've got you"

I was shaking. Another side affect of the drugs. I started to breath normal again, and pulled from his grasp.

"I'm fine"

I wasn't sure if he actually heard me, but he nodded and walked away leaving me lost in a sea of drunk people trying to regain why I was here and how I was to get home.