Work

"This?" I stood in the parking lot starring up at a large white building with the words "west burrow community center"

"It's got a certain charm if you ask me"

"But nobody did ask you" I spit. I wasn't in the greatest mood seeing that I would be spending my whole summer here. What would they have me doing? Would I deal drugs to the little kids or spike the pool with vodka.

Tim leads me inside and I wait as he walks away to go fetch someone. It was a colorful front room with two couches a small table and a tv playing the news. There was a huge front desk lined with two phones and three computers. The whole environment threw me off a little bit. The air smelled clean and crisp not a trace of sweat or smoke. I started to walk around running my fingers over magazines and pictures on the wall.

"Ahh you must be Elizabeth." A bright voice called from behind me

"Effy" I didn't turn to face her I kept my eyes locked on the picture in front of me.

"Pardon?" She spoke fast like she was in a hurry

"She prefers Effy, Lana" Tim explained

I turned swiftly facing her now.

She didn't look like what I thought she would. She had bright blond hair with pink at the ends. Her noise was pierced and she had dark brown eyes that held a strength in them.

"Well Effy, I'm Lana and welcome to west burrow community center. I am the current manager, although there probably gonna fire me once they figure out I've been steeling fish sticks"

I smiled a small smile at her. She smiled back flashing sparkling white teeth.

"You can go now Tim" she looked at him and waved her hand as though she was telling him to shoe.

"Alright, come with me" Lana led me down a long hall with various colored doors into what I presumed was her office.

"Here is your name tag" she, with no sign of embarrassment , slid her hand under my shirt pinning the tag to it. "And your ID" her hand reached out grabbing mine and placing a plastic card there.

"Can you just wait here a moment, just need to grab some paper work" I nodded watching as she swiftly left the room. I began to look around in yet one more new room. She had records hanging from the walls and a pack of cigarets on her desk.

"Hey la-" the voice scared me a little making my breath hitch.

I faced him taking in a long breath.

"Oh, um I'm sorry I didn't know we were getting anybody new toda.." His voice broke off.

He looked a little different then how he had at the club. More respectable you could say but his hair was still a mess.

I looked over at his arms. Remembering him catch me.

Took a couple steps back until I hit the desk and slid up sitting on the edge.

"Are you the new worker?" His eyes ran up my body finally stopping on mine

"Does she always put your name tag on for you?"

He laughed a little

"She doesn't really know what boundaries are, she put in on crooked anyway" he stepped past a chair stopping in front of me. He was quite beautiful.

He lifted both large hands up to the tag shifting it a little.

"There" he sounded proud of what he had just done and continued starring at me as I hopped down from the desk, lifting my gaze up to his name tag reading "Caden"

I slid a hand under the material of his plain t-shirt grazing his stomach, switching the side the tag was placed.

"I'm not much for boundaries either" I smile