part four : the reaper

Well, until another boy came around.

His name was Jung Hoseok. I was sitting in the café when the two met. The instant he walked through the door I could tell Jimin was interested. When the boy went  to get his order, Jimin smiled, even touched his arm.

It was disgusting.

A few weeks passed and Jimin broke Hoseok over several times. he was actually really funny. Hoseok was a dance teacher for kids and was only a year younger than me. He was so nice that I thought that maybe I wouldn't have to kill him.

I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't come home from the company to find Jimin asleep, head resting in Hoseok's lap while the older carded his fingers through Jimin's hair.

I went to my room immediately after seeing this. I sat on my bed, barely suppressing the anger, while simultaneously attempting to talk myself out of the plan I was already forming.

Hoseok had gotten too close. I had too. There was nothing else I could do. Hoseok had to die.

Since I was closer to Hoseok than I had been with Jungkook, I simply asked the boy if he wanted to go to a movie. Hoseok agreed and off they went. When the movie ended it was almost midnight. Hoseok lived somewhat near to Jimin and I, so we walked back home together. As we passed the café, however, I made an excuse to go around the back- Jimin had left something back there and I wanted to fetch it for him. Regrettably, Hoseok noticed the human-sized hole before I had managed to get the gun.

He turned to me to beg the question, why, yet he was met with the muzzle of my gun. I slipped the silencer on.

"Wh-what? What are you.. what are you doing, Yoongi? I-is this... is it real?"

I looked at him, feeling a sharp stab of sadness. "If only you hadn't got so close to Jimin. Perhaps we could've even been friends. I'm sorry, Hoseok. I wish you better luck in your next life." With that, I pulled the trigger. A muted blast knocked the spider out of the rafters above me. Hoseok fell backwards into the hole, dead. I took one last look at the boy before shoveling the dirt in over him. If only he hadn't gotten so close to my innocent Jimin.

When I finally made it back to the apartment it was past 2AM. I didn't expect Jimin to be awake, but as I shut the door, Jimin came padding out of his room in a long sweater and sweat pants. He rubbed his eyes, yawning. I had to hold back from cooing.

Jimin smiled sleepily at me. "Why are you back so late? Didn't the movie end at midnight?"

I nodded, "Yeah, but something came up. I had go do some things."

Jimin yawned again. "Was it a good movie? You know I like watching movies... I wish I could've gone..."

"It was good, but I don't think you would've liked it much. It was a horror movie."

Jimin laughed quietly, "You're right. I probably would've cried."

I smiled at him, "Go back to sleep Jiminnie. It's late."

Jimin shook his head, "I can't... I had a nightmare."

I sighed. "Jimin, you really need to sleep. You have work early tomorrow morning."

"Can I sleep with you then?" Jimin pouted.

I tried to hide my smile. "Of course. Come on."