eleven

ELEVEN

Floyd texts Meera the first Saturday of official winter break. She gives herself seven minutes before texting back. He asks her to hang out over the break, and she says yes, of course, is that even a question? But three minutes later, she freaks out a little and asks if he wants to go on a double date, because it's been a while (see: seventeen years) since she's hung out alone with a very beautiful boy who is basically the personification of the sun.

She tells him that she has a friend that'd be the perfect fit for Laura, the girl that is always at Pippi's with him. Meera sends the text, and almost immediately the little ellipses shows up in the bottom left corner. She watches it intensely until her eyes almost start to hurt. Suddenly, the bubble disappears and she emits a strangely loud sound of distress for quite a prolonged amount of time, until the dots appear again. Then, finally,

Oh, i mean sure, but idk if she wants to get

Into any relationships rn

Now

they can just see if they like each other??

doesn't hurt right lmao

Seen

Yeah i guess haha. Ok i'll let her know! I

Don't think she's busy this wednesday night

and i'm free then. Is that a good time for you

and your friend?

10:32

Meera curses when she realizes that she hasn't even asked anyone to come on this double date with her. And by anyone she means someone very specific, and by that she means Theo.

give me a lil second and i'll get back to you

on that

Seen

Tugging her parka on, Meera jogs to Theo's place, knocking on the door twice before checking the handle to find it open. She takes the stairs two steps at a time and throws open his door to find him at his desk. As the door slams against the wall loudly, he yelps and swivels around in the chair, burning Meera's eyes with his very naked chest. She slaps a hand to her eyes dramatically.

"Gah, buddy, put on a shirt, whatthefuck."

"How about you fuckin knock before coming into my room. When will you ever get over me not wearing a shirt? So immature," he rolls his eyes before turning back to his laptop. Meera signs loudly and flops onto his bed.

"Fuck you, Theodore, you know I'm brown, you know I was raised not looking at kissing scenes and shirtless men. Virgin for life," she says, only half kidding. She picks up a shirt off the ground and throws it at his head, and he mumbles something else under his breath before tugging it on.

"What do you need, Meera."

"Are you feeling exceptionally lonely lately, by chance, Theo?"

"Hm, not particularly. Should I be?"

"Just say yes."

"No."

Meera throws a pillow at his head and he catches it, slamming it back into her. Meera cries dramatically and falls back again.

"Go on a double date with me so that I can go on a date with Floyd. He has a really cute friend I can set you up with."

"What the hell, why do you need it to be a double date. You're so dependent."

"I freaked out, please Theo."

He turns to face her fully, kicking his feet up on his bed next to her knees.

"What will you give me?"

"A really, really cute girl to date."

His hard stare never wavers.

"And two bucks."

"Deal."

"Thanks baby."

"You know, instead of the two bucks you could have just upped it to really, really, really cute girl, and I would have said yes. What a loser."

// lmaooo eyyyyyy remember me bc im not sure even i do. this is the first time i've written anything in approximately a shitton of time. idk if i'll keep doing it, but in the mean time, here's a chapter i started like 5 months ago and just finished right now instead of doing college apps. i hope you enjoy, n if u want maybe leave me a lil comment or a lil something something.

thank you for reading and i love u lots

- ana.