Chapter 16

The day went on like it normally did, we got to school, met up with Ivan, Jim and Britney, but something was off. Instead of Mrs. Butterworth swaggering in like she usually did an old woman waddled into the room in her place.

"Who's that?" Alfred asked.

"Don't ask me," I said.

"She must be a substitute," Brittany sighed.

"Yeah I get that, but who is she?" Alfred asked again.

"I think her name is Mrs. McClellan, she substituted for my teacher last year," Jim stated.

"I've never seen her before," Ivan said.

"She doesn't sub too often," Jim explained.

"That makes sense, she's old as hell," Alfred said.

"Alfred, that's not nice," I glared, "You should respect your elders."

"Like you?" Alfred snickered.

"I'm only a few months older than you," I hissed.

"Class!" The old woman yelled. Mrs. McClellan was a short old lady with light grey hair, she was quite round and wrinkled, her voice was scratchy and sounded as if she was once an avid smoker. "I will be your substitute for today," the woman yelled. She proceeded to turn around and pick up a marker, she then wrote out her name on the whiteboard. "My name is Mrs. McClellan," she pointed at the name as she talked.

"Wheres Mrs. Butterworth?" A boy from out front of the calls yelled.

"No talking unless you raise your hand!" Mrs. McClellan yelled.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Jim snickered.

"What was that?" Mrs. McClellan glared towards Jim.

"Nothing ma'am," Jim smiled slightly. She glared in our direction then looked towards the whiteboard.

"The notes your teacher gave me said that all of you all have been working on a project, is that correct?" Mrs. McClellan asked. Everyone in the class nodded their head and said something along the lines of yes or yeah. Mrs. McClellan grumbled and picked up the notes off Mrs. Butterworth's desk, "Alright get into your groups and get working," Mrs. McClellan sighed. Everyone got into their groups as instructed and got started, except for my group of course. We had finished our project much earlier than anyone else and we didn't have anything to do.

"What should we do now?" Alfred asked.

"We could go over our presentation one more time," Ivan suggested.

"We've done that like ten times though," Jim sighed.

"It wouldn't hurt to go over it again," I said.

"But that's boring," Alfred complained.

"We don't have to do anything," Brittany said.

"Yeah, we could just talk," Jim smiled.

"About what?" Ivan asked.

"Anythin'," Alfred smiled.

"Like what? What would we talk about?" Ivan asked.

"Let's just go over the project once more," I suggested. Alfred and Jim groaned at the thought, they both slumped into their chairs and huffed. "Why is it so hard for you two to take initiative?" I asked.

"Why do you always have to use suck fancy words?" Alfred sighed.

"Fancy words? I don't use fancy words," I glared.