The Forgotten Memory

Chapter 1: The Forgotten Memory

I woke to mommy screaming. I sat up in bed and i heard nothing.

"Mommy?" I said very loudly so she could hear me. But she didn't reply back.

I started to get scared so i got up and quickly but quietly ran to my brothers bed on the other side of the room.

"J-Jordan, Jordan wake up!" I shook him till he groaned.

"What is it Jade? What do you want?" He muttered.

"Something happened to Mommy! She screamed." I sobbed as tears started to fall down my cheeks. He saw my distress then sat up and hugged me, stroking my head.

"Its gonna be alright. Lets go check on mom." He smiled at me trying to get me to calm down. I smiled back.

"O-ok." I said. He grabbed my hand and we both walked down the hall to mommy and daddy's room. The door was shut and it was uncomfortably quiet in the room.

We slowly opened the door and saw red stuff all over the walls and it stank really bad. Jordan flipped the light switch and we saw mommy and daddy on the floor covered with the sticky red liquid. We both gasped and i let go of Jordan's hand and ran over to mommy.

"Mommy?! Mommy wake up!! This isn't a funny game! I don't like this game!!" I cried loudly. Shook mommy trying to get her to wake up but she didn't even groan or moan or even scare me! I hugged her form and i got covered in mommy's blood.

Jordan ran down stairs and grabbed mommy's phone and dialed 9-1-1 and the police where here in a matter of minutes.

Before the police got here i found a knife on the ground laying next to mommy's body. I picked it up and there was a note on it. I opened the note and read it out loud.

"I'll be back to finish the job but for now pray to you pitiful god for help.

Yours truly,

A-"

I tried to read the name but it was covered in blood. I got up and Jordan was at the doorway looking at me with tears in his eyes as well.

I ran and hugged him tightly getting blood on him by accident in the process.

We heard the sirens and walked down stairs. I forgot that i had the knife in my hand and when the police saw me holding it and both my and my brother holding hands covered in blood, they pulled out their guns and aimed at us.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!! Put the knife down now!!" One officer yelled i looked at my hand and quickly dropped the knife with wide eyes.

"Put your hands up!" The officer once again yelled. Me and Jordan obeyed. One officer said that we were going to go somewhere called an Asylum?

They got us in a car and drove.

"What an asylum?" I asked.

"Its gonna be your new home." The officer replied coldly.

"Oh but i liked my old home better." Isaid out loud.

"Well too bad."

When we reached the asylum i got scared and started crying. Jordan tried to comfort me by hugging me. We were forced to change into theses white clothes and put into a room that was padded.

Thats when things started to happen the nightmares came more frequently-

I woke up very suddenly. Jordan was by my side whispering to me telling me it was alright.

"What dream was it now?" He asked after i calmed down a little.

"It was about mom and dad. How they died and how we ended up here..." I said shakily. Jordan hugged me and i hugged him back.

"It'll be fine. Besides i have a plan..." He whispered into my ear.

"What plan?" I asked puzzled.

"A plan to escape..."