two

fix me
two|the call

I stormed out of the house and drove home, tears streaming down my face. The thoughts going through your head were manipulative and toxic

You're a stupid girl
You shouldn't have done this
Its all your fault
Luke is never going to take you back now
Look what you have done
You should have stayed
You could have worked it out

I tried to push the negative thoughts away but they just kept multiplying
getting worse and worse by the second

You don't deserve Luke
You never did
You were the toxic one
You should be ashamed of your behavior
Just kill yourself

While driving home I decided to call my best friend Michael and tell him about what happened. Michael was Luke's friend before he was mine but over the time I knew him I got close to him. I felt like I could tell him about Luke, like I had in the past. I unlocked my phone and called Michael.

"Michael" I said, my voice still shaking nervously

"Hey Kels, what's wrong?"

"Its about Luke, I was at his house and things got bad... " you stopped. You could feel the pain that he put you through reenacting in your brain as you thought about what had just happened.

Suddenly you snap back into reality after almost hitting the car in front of you at a traffic light.

"Kels!, Kels!, what just happened? why did I hear something that sounded like a crash, are you okay? what's going on!" He said sounding panicked

"Nothing I'm fine I almost just got into an accident because I blacked out thinking about Luke...." I said my voice shaking.

"Come to my house, you seem frazzled and I want to hear about Luke"

"Okay I'm on my way."
I drove over to Michaels house.
Once I got there I told him everything.

"wow." "I'm so sorry Kels."
"yeah." I said having no emotion left in my body. I wasn't sure how to respond.
"Luke doesn't seem like the type to do that."
Michael said pausing for a brief moment before continuing his thought. "he always talked about how much he loved you." "Its just so unlike him to do that."

"yeah, I guess I'm still shocked."

"Kels? Can I ask you something?" Michael asked shyly. "Yeah?" I said with no emotion whatsoever.

"If Luke wanted you back, apologizing and explaining how sorry he was, do you think could ever forgive him?" " I know he did some pretty horrible things to you but I'm just curious."

Flashback
You only can think about the happier times with Luke again and you get the warmest fuzzy feeling like you used to whenever you were with Luke.

A smile emerges on your face as you snap back into reality.

"No."
"At least, not right now"
"I loved him Mikey and I still do, and I'm probably never going to stop loving him."
You say as Michael sits you down on the couch with him.

Just then an unfamiliar noise comes out into the room. Michael pulls out his phone from his pocket and checks it.

"Its Luke." He says looking at me.
He accepts the call, letting Luke talk first.

"Michael?" Luke says.
" hello Luke. " Michael replies.
"Um I'm not sure how to say this but do you remember a while ago when I told you about Kelsey and I getting into a fight?" He says in the calmest quietest voice I had ever heard from him.

He continues speaking before giving Michael time to reply.

"Well, I have a confession to make and you are the first to hear about it."