Chapter 1

Reed & Remi

"You know if you actually put a bit more work into it, we might have gotten an A," Remi said, the words echoing through the half-empty library while holding the B+ the two got in a project. Well, Remi did most of the work.

"But, I was busy the entire week~," the other said. His name was Reed, smartass of the class, yet the one who slacks off the most.

He was known as the one who was the meanest lier of the school, while his best friend, Remi, was known as the most honest person since he always had a warm look in his eyes

"The project lasted three weeks. I saw you playing basketball outside on Saturday, you weren't busy," Remi said, glaring at the marks. "Bull shit. It lasted a week! You really lie too much," Reed exclaimed, taking a sip of the sprite he snuck in his water bottle. 'Sneaky bastard,' Remi thought.

"Normally, you'd be right. But this time, it really was three weeks," Remi said, tossing the report at Reed's face, which in response, he simply said, "Ow."

"Well, I didn't see the text," Reed stated, but Remi replied quickly. "Then how did you know it was a text?"

"Fuck off," Reed said, picking the B+ off the ground and onto the table.

"Language."

------

A white character woke up close to the edge of the cliff. The character looked around, before noticing that his arms were pretty weird- wait, where were they?

It freaked out, standing up, staring at the black hands they had, which were really blobs that looked like ink, floating.

It tried to scream, but nothing came out. Where was his mouth? Did it disappear as well?

On the other side, a character that looked strikingly similar to the white shape near the cliff, but inverted the colors. His body was black, while his hands were white.

"This is fucking awesome," was all he could say.

In the distance, the dark character noticed a white shape, looking just like himself. Standing up, he went for a walk with his dark-colored legs towards the white figure in the distance.

"Hey." He said to the white figure. "My name is," he trailed off. What was his name? He didn't know so, he just said the first name that popped up into mind.

"Remi. My name is Remi," he said, giving his white blob hand out to the other character. "What's your name?" Remi asked, the eerie smile still on his black face.

The other character took a stick that was lying around and tried to draw in the loose dirt. He messed up a few times but in the end, a scratchy "Reed" was visible in the brown dirt.

"Reed, eh? I can tell we will be great friends," the character known as Remi said, dragging out the 'a' in great with the creepy yet... Somehow welcoming and friendly smile.