Chapter 3

It was nightfall, the two guys shared a bed, in the end, either way, while Sierra was in the slightly more comfortable and larger bed sleeping peacefully.

Remi shifted his weight, holding Reed like a teddy bear, making Reed stir in his sleep before waking up. Although, it wasn't because of Remi but rather because of a few noises from outside the house. A deep growl that sounded like a wolf, followed by a strangely human-like groan, except, it didn't sound awkwardly strange.

"Reed, wake up, come on," Reed said, shaking Remi's shoulder, making Remi groan, asking Reed to just go to bed, falling back asleep, not waking up even after Reed kept shaking him.

After three minutes or so, he finally gave up, and moved towards Sierra, asking her to wake up. "Sierra, what's that noise? Wake up, please," Reed said, starting to cry. A black ink drop fell on Sierra's face, waking her up.

"Alright, alright, I'm up. Your tears can stain me, ya know," Sierra said, trying to wipe off the ink, which actually seemed to stain her like ink stains paper.

"I'm made of paper and colored pencils, not... Whatever you are and ink. You can stain me, ya know," Sierra spoke, "We're like drawings, like the beast outside, which we actually call a hasopodo, coming from Greek words τετράποδο, meaning animal, and ατίθασος, meaning untamed. Wanna see? I can show you how to defeat them."

Sierra stood up, taking two orbs, both of them are a blueish-gray color, and gave one to Reed.

"Take this, it should contain a sword thingy. It has a name but I just don't remember. I just call these thingies, " Sierra said before tossing it up into the air, making it change into a sword of sorts.

"I told you, this place is pretty much a really bad and cringy video game if you're not in the right place," Sierra said before watching Reed toss his weird blue-gray ball into the air, making it turn into a sword similar to Sierra's.

"This... Is lighter than I thought..." Reed said, swinging it around a bit, causing Sierra to panic a bit. "Careful! Ya' might break somethin' valuable to me!" Sierra said, stopping his hand before he could break something.

"Sorry, but should we go out? I-I mean like, I don't want to stay any longer..." Reed said, a bit excited. He felt that he had played video games, before.

"Excited, are ya'? Pretty fine, but lemme give ya' an armor. Actually, ya don't need it. Ya'll be fine withou' it," Sierra said, looking at the furball.

"Maybe. Hopefully, we can respawn somehow like in video games," he said softly, playing with the handle of the... Sword thingy. It seemed to have something on the side, dots in a pattern. "Is that braille?" he asked, tracing the pattern, which was quite long.

"Yea', I customized it. Nice eh? It says 'congrats it's a sword. swing a ding dong it around. this is the handle. be careful though.' I had a blind girlfriend so she read it and died by a wolf by laughing. Donno where she is now. Cute little girl, she was," Sierra said, walking to the door and twisted the handle.

"Are we gonna' keep talkin' or shall we go? We talk so much," She said, opening the door once Reed nodded to the tan human-like animal? Are they animals? He doesn't know but, he'll ask later.

"Why were we talking so much?" Reed asked as Sierra jumped over him, knocking Reed down and hitting the weird monster thingy. "Donno. Mayb' author wanted more words. There's no word count here, ya' know," Sierra said, hitting another one while Reed came in and swung the sword stupidly. From what he saw, he didn't even touch the monster, but there was a mark on it.

"What is this? Sword Art Online?"

"Nope, it's no anime here."