Act 0 Chapter 2

"Your Condescension, I can assure you that most of the tests are stable. We just need a bit more time before the weapon is-" The Researcher was cut off mid statement by The Empress. "I don't want time, I want results, and I want them now!" The Researcher began to feel unease. "When have I even disappointed you, great Empress?" The Researcher Inquired. "Today might just be that day, and I need this weapon to stop the chaos in the streets." The Empress sighed, and continued down a corridor to a large door with the words TEST CHAMBER printed across it. The two guards stood at attention and opened the chamber, letting them all in. "Now, get to work! I don't wait for prolonged deadlines, I wait for fruition. I want to see this fully functional or else you will end up somewhere you'd rather not be!" 

The Champion put a hand on her shoulder, (the only troll i will use the quirk for) "Calm yourSSelf, the weapon is SSurely ready by now." The Empress sighed and The Champion smiled. "Now, I want to see this weapon work" After The Researcher snapped back to reality, he went over to the control panel. "Alright, I need a test subject. The weapon will work, i swear by it." (bit of exposition: the weapon is a beam that increases the strength of the user and works as a remote teleporter as well.) "Activating first test. The temporary strength booster, but we need someone willing enough to test it," Said The Researcher. The Champion stood forward and spoke: "I will be the teSSt SSubject." The Researcher stood amazed and froze for a second. The Empress, reluctant at first, agreed to the proposition. She stood under the beam and The Researcher, hands shaking, pressed the first button to activate the Strength Booster. The Beams shot out at The Champion, making her shake and convulse slightly. "Begin boosting." He began to whisper under his breath, "This is not going to end well. Champion, don't hate me for this." 

The strength booster worked, and after, the champion began to show signs of increased endurance and strength in the test chambers Course. She stood under the device again. This time, she would be remotely teleported to Alternia's capital.

"Activating teleporter... This is going to (not) work." The Researcher said. The Champion watched The Researcher with watchful eye, until he pressed the launch protocolbutton. Then, That's when things took a turn for the worst.