Act 1 Chapter 3

"What's the matter, Mr.Katnia? Do you not fear death? You fight like you mean it, but when the time comes for you to get up and continue fighting The Champion, you bow your head and accept your fate?" He sighs, "You now have a new mission, one more difficult than just bowing your head and dying, if you could call that a mission."

The Researcher wakes up, in the middle of the field. Walking towards him are a group of trolls, about 3 or 4, but quickly, he sees more behind the group. Upwards of 40 or 50 trolls following one troll leading the group. He wore a hooded cloak, and had no sign on his clothes. The ones that followed seemed intent on never diverting away. He believed them to be an army, come to kill him. But how? There was no way for him to be tracked, no way they could find him that quickly. He approached the army, but as he came closer, one of the troll from the main army broke off and tackled The Researcher. "I've got the assassin! He was going to kill you!" The attacker yelled back at the group. The cloaked one ran towards him. As soon as the cloaked one arrived, The Researcher instantly knew who it was. By the near shortness of his horns, and the way he wore the cloak, it was the enemy to the entire Alternian empire, The Signless. "Who are you? You appear to be no assassin, if you were half as competent as the Empress, you would've worn something other than that obvious white clothing." (Ignores quirk) Sneered one of the followers. The Signless held out his hand, and lifted up The Reasearcher from the ground. "This is no assassin, rather, a troll of science." The Researcher looked and saw his lab coat in tatters, and took it off. "Look at his blood! He is a subjuggulator!" The Researcher looked down, he was no longer bleeding out, and all of his wounds had healed, however his clothes were stained with his own blood.

The Signless motioned his hand and calmed the murmuring crowd. They all silenced and The Signless spoke: "This troll seeks to do us no harm, but rather, perhaps he would assist us." The Researcher thought on this. He thought about what The Champion said, "Your time is not yet." Could this be some sort of sign? Something telling him to do something? Perhaps this was the way things should continue. He looked up at the crowd and said: "I will join you all, but only if you can make me a promise when this is all over." They all looked at him and looked back at the signless. "By all means, make the deal."