Act 1 Chapter 1

The Researcher felt the ground move. He was back in the test chamber, the memories of that green place lost. As he looked up, he stared right into the face of the Condesce. "YOU! YOU FAILURE! I'LL HAVE YOU EXECUTED FOR THIS!" The Condesce screamed at his face and lifted him up with one hand. The Researcher, barely able to breathe with the Condesce strangling him, looked over to the back of the chamber. Standing in that spot was The Champion, with a blank look of confusion and shock. The Condesce raised her trident, ready to deliver a painful death.

The Champion, snapping back to reality, ran and stopped the Condesce by grabbing her trident. "Stop!" The Condesce pushed her back, and once again raised her weapon for a killing strike. As The Researcher awaited his death, The Champion pleaded with her, constantly interrupting her multiple times. "What?! What do you want?" She continued holding him in a choke hold as she spoke. "If you plan to execute him, just send him to the arena! It would be bad if a valuable contributer was murdered at your hands. The rebellion would use that against you!" The Condesce released The Researcher and he fell to the ground. The Condesce then kicked him and knocked him out. "Oh, he'll go to the Arena, and you're going to be the challenger." The Challenger nodded as she came up with a plan.

"Green."

He heard it again.

"Green"

He awoke in the green room again. The man in green standing in front of him. "So, I assume you are ready to begin setting the scene for your first task?"

The Researcher couldn't speak. "No matter, your first task is to just be yourself for the trial. But once you're done, you will begin seeking out the Opposition. They will not stray far from this sort of trial." He leaned in close to his face. "Now, it's showtime, Mr.Katnia. Showtime."