14 ➳ wine overdose // h.x

as i've said probably how many times already, i have been playing games all my life. i play games so damn much that hawthorne even told me that he once couldn't sleep because i was playing in my sleep and saying stuff i would usually say when i'm in game.

chuuya, who was sitting next to me, seemed to be surprised that although i am still drunk, i was still able to select champions and play well as if i was sober.

little did he know that i can actually see nothing but blur.

although it is exaggerated to think that it has been more than 12 hours since my alcohol intake and by now that i should have already been sober by the time i woke up, it wasn't easy for me to be overdosed by wine.

basically, wine is my kryptonite.

for being caught going home past the dormitory curfew, what luck i have gotten last night! that wasn't my first time being late, but definitely that was the first time i got caught by the landlord himself.

jesus, how i feared landlord fitzgerald so much. and the events last night made me fear him even more.

nothing perverted or anything; he just made me drink 3 bottles of wine consecutively. like, non-stop, for breaking the rules just to "party in a garden of your weakness", as fitzgerald told me.

now, i am still half-drunk. i am well aware of my surroundings but not sane enough to respond to people who try interacting with me.

chuuya and i finished the normal game with a sweep, and all we have to do now is wait for the other teammates to arrive. as i try to fully open my eyes to welcome the light that i haven't seen in a while, the team's adc tapped me on the shoulders and a hint of worry in his voice.

"um, xyren? are you sure you're drunk?" i can feel his cyan gaze piercing through my clueless physical form. "i can't even play that great when i'm drunk."

i didn't want to appear as if i was just acting out being drunk, so i tried to fight the stupidity of my hazy brain and responded "l-l-landl-lord... w-wine... t-too m-much..."

the shorty snickered for a bit but heard him sigh afterwards. "look, if i knew that you weren't acting out, i could have not made you play."

i couldn't respond to that anymore, but during the entire time of the training, surely i was doing just fine.

we only trained until 6 in the evening until coach got pissed off with my unresponsiveness and decided to call it a day for a while. a part of me felt bad, for i knew that it was my fault that training had to end early. it was only less than five days left -- i believe -- before the tournament starts, and everyone still has to get used with my playstyle before setting off for the big event.

chuuya took me home for the second time around just to make sure that i don't pass out. i went to sleep the moment i got in to my room and woke up feeling better.

it was only at that time that i was finally sober, but the hangover still lingers.

i woke up around midnight feeling hungry. usually the first thing i would find the moment my eyes flutter open was my roommate hawthorne, but he was not in bed. around this time he would already be sleeping.

is he going overnight at my shop?

nonetheless, i still got my lazy ass to the mini kitchen that we have, and there was hawthorne, sitting in front of the dining table reading his favorite book -- the bible, duh.

"why are you still up?" how impolite, ren! can't even properly greet your holy roommate a good evening.

hawthorne put the string bookmark on the current page he was reading and closed the bible, placing it down on the table and said "how rude, hayakawa. but anyways, i was waiting for you to wake up so we can eat dinner together for once. how about that?"

  ☀️ 

i am actually on a semestral break but the sloth in me prevents me from being productive ;w;

oh well, i still have physics hangover soooo *rolls* -risu