escaping destiny - part 3

1 year later -

Kalyani Oberoi sat in her bedroom as usual all alone in the same bedroom which was once filled with her grandsons's laughter and her bahu's chatter. She still remmember the day clearly. It still haunted her- the look on Shivaay and Omkara's face as they perforemed the final rites of the one they loved the most.

It had been a year and nothing had changed since that day. Both the brothers had retreated to a life of quiet. They barely spoke if at all. The Obros who once couldn't go a day without seeing each other went months now without even looking at the otehr person.

Omkara had started taking drugs again though thsi time it wasn't Shivaay who saved him . How could he ..after all he himslef was broken. For once Tej Singh oberoi had stepped up and acted a s afather to his son ad gotten him into a good rehab facility. Though Om continued to have a few relapses here and there but Jhanvi and Tej tried their best but even they couldn't fill the void in his heart.

And Shivaay Singh Oberoi? He did not even have a sound parental system..Pinky tried to act as if she was sad for him but he could see through her and Shakti though tried to get closer to his son couldn't just close the distance between them.

The only person Shivaay found solace in was Sahil. Only Sahil could understand the pain Shivaay was going through for his pain was same too. Both had lost the only person who had loved them madly enough. Sahil was the only way Shivaay could connect to his dead wife. He had tried his best to give the boy everything he could- love , care ,affection but alas he couldn't fulfill the role played by his Anika didi. There were still soemd ays when he could hear the little boy crying sitting on the floor. And as much as he wanted to console him he could't help but do the same.

There was only one Obro brother left- who had lost his entire world in just one day. Rudra Singh Oberoi cursed himself everday for making that plan to go to Goa. His bhabhi's death had had a profound impact on him and made him realize how fragile human life was. He had sorted his differences out with Bhavya and both were trying to move on together from the tragedy. Rudra had decided to take more responsibilities and taken the ropes of Oberoi empire under the patronage of his father Tej Singh Oberoi. He felt it was the right thingh to do- his father and chote papa were getting older and couldn't handle the work load anymore and his Shivaay bhaiya had lost all interest in business. He rarely showed up to office anyway.

Meanwhile in Manali

Anika was still sitting by gauri's bedside. She stil hadn't woken up from her comma. Though the doctors had gived uo hope Anika hadn't. She still had faith that her chutki was one day going to wake up. Anika still hadn't recalled anything of her past though there were bits and pieces..her dreams were consumed by  recurring images of a little boy and a man dressed in a sharp suit with blue eyes. Though she couldn't place his face..she tried hard to remember but everything was jumbled ..whenever she tried thinking about her past her head got heavy and only made her suffering worst.

Kabir had told her not take any stress. Kabir Raichand had been her support system since the whole past year. He was the one who had found her and her sister and bought them home. He ahd even financed their treatment and let them stay with him at their house ever since. The man had alot of money to squander yet no one to spend on. He too was an orphan ...his parents died when he was only 4 leaving him to fend for himself. He studied hard and made a name for himself in the business world. He had to come to Manali on a business trip when he had fallen in love with a local girl and gotten married. Soon his wife gave birth to a baby girl but unfortunately died. In order to feel closer to his wife he had permanen tly moved to his cottage in Manali . He lived there with his wife's parents and daughter until one day he found Anika and his sister. Taking pity on them he ahd allowed them to stay at their place for as long as they wanted.