Prologue

this chapter shows what happened a few years back.

it's a sad chapter but it's explains everything

Hope you enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Prologue:

{ June 16th 2009}

Melbourne, Victoria

"Ahh it's such a beautiful day" I murmured to myself looking up at the sky out of the passenger seat window of my mums Sudan.

She had obviously heard me because she answered with a snicker "yes it is if only the traffic was better!" We were stuck in a traffic jam on the Princess Highway heading home.

We lived in a double story house in Geelong. I lived there with my mum Eleanor and my father Paul. My name is Cat, short for Catherine and together we made the Herringtons. My dad has an English background although he doesn't sound British at all and my mum is a pure Aussie! I'm an only child which can get pretty boring especially for a 12 year old kid.

My dad was at work and my mum and I decided to go shopping for the day in the city, We went to Chadston, it was HUGE! I had never seen a shopping centre that big before.

We had bought so many things that I was surprised it all fit into the car. Luckily, our car had a big boot so we could make it work.

"Hey you wanna listen to your favourite band on the radio?... The WIGGLES!" My mum squealed snapping me out of my thoughts about the day.

" Are you serious? I'm 12 not 6!" I knew that she was joking. "Plus they don't even play their songs on the radio" I added, feeling smart.

I love my mum. She's always making jokes but she can be really understanding and caring at the same time. She always gives me the best hugs and kisses. Don't get me wrong I love my dad to pieces but it's just not the same as the relationship between my mum and I. We are inseparable.

"Finally, the traffic is moving." My mum gave a sigh of relief pushing the pedal. she turned on the radio and we were listening to 'happy' by Pharrell Williams. The traffic was moving surprisingly quick after the big traffic jam. I loved this song, it always made me happy ( that's kinda obvious). My mum loves this song also, she started singing at the top of her lungs. "...Because i'm happy...!" She stopped singing and put on a serious smile. "I love you with all my heart. You do know that right?"

"Of course I know that. why would you say something like that?" I asked cautious because she wasn't usually this serious. "I love you too, with all my heart." I added, breaking into a smile.

Suddenly a faint siren could be heard behind us. The sound got louder, my mum looked in her rear view mirror to see the flashing lights of a police car growing ever closer. The police were chasing a car that was speeding and swerving through the lanes of the highway. He, or she was either drunk or just completely insane.

"Mum!" I yelped with panic in my voice.

"It's okay darling, I'm far away from him." She soothed in an ushering tone, she looked calm but there was a glimpse of worry in her big brown eyes. She reached out for my hand and held it gently, it helped to calm me down. "We're fine." She confidently sighed. She was right we were on the furthest lane from them, we were safe. Or so we thought.

The car suddenly jerked to the side missing all cars in its path, except for the last one, ours. It hit the side of our car with incredible force. The car had hit the drivers side, the side my mum was on.

Our car screeched off the highway and straight into a tree, BANG! The glass from the windows was flying through the air like the sharp blades of a thousand knives piercing my skin.

Everything hurt, I had cuts everywhere and I could feel a huge amount of blood dripping down from the top of my head. I moaned trying not to pass out from all of the nausea. My leg was stuck and I couldn't feel it, my head was pounding! I looked over to my mum to see that her eyes were closed. Shattered glass decorated her once, perfectly curled hair. Her head was resting against her shoulder and her arms were positioned awkwardly. She had a massive cut on her leg reaching all the way from her thigh down to her ankle, ripping her light blue denim jeans, now stained with blood.

"MUM!" I groaned giving the strength of a yell but only a peep of sound coming out of my mouth. "MUM!" I sobbed. My lips were dry and cracked and my voice was raspy. She didn't respond.

The radio was struggling to maintain its sound of the song 'happy' but it sounded like a broken record. That song wasn't making me happy anymore, it was making me sad.

I started to cry and cry and cry and cry. "HELP! HELP!" I yelled. "Mum please, please mum!" I sobbed and to no reply I slowly shut my eyes, the last thing that I saw being my mum.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

well that happened <3 it's very sad yeah? please comment and tell me what you think!